Warrior 153 shackles install with pics | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

Will the warrior 153 shackles work on a 95 Eddie?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For anyone know if i could fit 32's on my 95 Eddie with the lift shackles and torsion twist?

if i want to make my own shackles dose any one have any dimensions i should use if i want a full 2 inches of rear lift? and the thickness of steel i should use?

Will the warrior 153 shackles work on a 95 Eddie?
Yes
For anyone know if i could fit 32's on my 95 Eddie with the lift shackles and torsion twist?
Yes. Might have to trim a little off the fender behind the tire.
if i want to make my own shackles dose any one have any dimensions i should use if i want a full 2 inches of rear lift? and the thickness of steel i should use?

For both of you guys....
The condition of your leaf springs will make a difference in the height gained. Weak / worn springs will lose lift faster than fresh maximum arched springs. If your leafs are old and worn, this is just a temp bandaid and eventually your going to need to replace the leaf packs. These shackles work best on a fresh set of springs for max lift to clear larger tires.
;)

has anyone found online shackles longer than the standard 1.25"? I want to go 2" or 2.5".

has anyone found online shackles longer than the standard 1.25"? I want to go 2" or 2.5".

just do shackles and AAL its not that much more of a rough ride

So any ideas on the specs on the shackles it looks stupid with just the front lifted lol

do the wheels need to come off before this? or can they be kept on? taking them off wont be such a pain considering most people do the TT with the shackle placement so they need an alignment anyway. just a quick question

2 bars of 3/8" x 10.25" L x 2" W
1/2" bolt holes are 9.5" apart from center to center.

Middle support bar is 1/4" thick sq tube x 3"L x 2" x 1.5" welded between the bars. The center tube is not centered in the middle of the brackets. It is 1" closer to one end then the other for the offset.

Leave the wheels on for install. ;)

Gman, is this what you're talking about?

picture.php

LOL, I've posted this picture a couple times in different threads. I figured this would help out in this one too.

30 mins???

Obviously you don;t have to deal with road salt and winter: )

I think it took me three days to get everything dismantled, using WD-40 PB blaster, heater, an impact gun and 3 foot breaker bar. In the end I had to replace the bushings in the frame side of the mount because the metal sleeve had become one with the shackle bolt and separated from the bushing when I removed the bolt.

no kidding.. must be nice.... ; my 97 limited has been used continually to towing and backing down into water at boat launch ramps... This wasn't the first time Ive done something like this (did add a leaf 2 months ago) and this took me around 4 -5 hours a side with all the essentials. .. my shackles are destroyed and flattened ... will post some pics.. had to cutt one bolt cuz was seized just too much. .. crazy but so glad its done.. oh man

great post. nice to have your pics and write up... used it tons when installing on mine.. although took 4 plus hours a shackles to simple get off.. cheers

just do shackles and AAL its not that much more of a rough ride

No way! Too stiff! I got a 94 that I'm gonna use my coil spacers and shackles on, wish me luck on getting those old bolts off lol.

No way! Too stiff! I got a 94 that I'm gonna use my coil spacers and shackles on, wish me luck on getting those old bolts off lol.

i have coil spacers shackles and an AAL its not that bad. you get used to it pretty quick

Now for the big question, shocks. What length are the stock ones and how am I going to find out what size I need for the rear since I will be raising the truck 2"? I'm not familiar with shocks at all, and so have no idea what I'm looking for.

Now for the big question, shocks. What length are the stock ones and how am I going to find out what size I need for the rear since I will be raising the truck 2"? I'm not familiar with shocks at all, and so have no idea what I'm looking for.

i just relocated mine to the sway bar mount on the rear axle.

I kept mine at the stock location and haven't had any issues in over 4 years. You don't really need to relocate the shocks to the swaybar bracket unless you do a SOA (Spring Over Axle) conversion. JMO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I kept mine at the stock location and haven't had any issues in over 4 years. You don't really need to relocate the shocks to the swaybar bracket unless you do a SOA (Spring Over Axle) conversion. JMO.

only reason i did is because i flex mine out a lot

Back