warrior shackle demensions

Clusterpup

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport Trac 4x4
Can anyone tell me the length of the warrior shackles from end to end and from hole to hole? I am going to make some shackles this weekend. I want to lift the rear end 2".

I am going to use 2"x1/2" mild steel. I shoudn't need to weld in a cross brace for this since I have seen some others without it and they used 3/8".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bam!
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showpost.php?p=2198843&postcount=5

poojar2.gif

cant see anything there from that link

Sometimes I cant view some photos from work because of our firewall but I'm at home now and still can't. Anyhow I figured out how I'm going to make the shackles now I just have to figure out how to lift the truck high enough to install them, I just have a small jack and regular size jack stands.

Anybody know what the hole size is i just built mine and am not sure? Also wondering what bolts to use i know grade 8 for sure but do i need any specifc type to go with the leaf springs?

Stock uses 14mm bolts. Early War-153 shackles were built with 13mm bolts (1/2) and that was too small.

~Mark

Thanks for the help i guess its good and bad news, good that i know the bolt size and bad because that sounds hard to find! :D

Thanks thats great i think i will go there this weekend and get what i need!!!:D

subscribing...i wanna make some shackles sooner or later, and do a tt

Back