Warrior Shackles and F150 coil spacers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warrior Shackles and F150 coil spacers

Retardriot427

Reaction score
City, State
Lynchburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer
i want to get warrior shackles and the 1997 F150 coil spacers for my 1993 EB Explorer.
where can i get these online.
also, when i look at warrior shackles on sites it all looks like Jeep stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do a search. all the info is there.

get the TWAR153 shackles

i did i search, but i dont know where i can get the F150 coil spacers online.

aright, the TWAR153 get 1-1/4th an inch lift.
but how much lift will the F150 coil spacers give?

I believe the spacers get ya 2" and you need an alignment with a new camber adjustment kit.

I found that I needed both add-a-leafs and the War 153s to get the desired height for the rear. I was going for getting the rear possibly higher or at least even with the front. (measured from mid fender). Now rear is maybe 1/2 inch higher.

Warrior is more of a Jeep parts supplier, but are starting to get stuff for us. Their rear shock mount skidplates are awesome! They also have some interesting looking sway-bar disconnects, which I believe are Jeep parts that just happen to fit Explorers as well. Unfortunately they don`t advertise Explorer stuff very well.

My X sits perfectly level with the F-150 spacers and Warriors. The front spacers only give you about 1 3/4" lift.

what is this camber adjustment kit?
and do i need it?

The front spacers only give you about 1 3/4" lift.

Okay, I`ll buy that. I got a kit off ebay, so I don`t know where the spacers came from, and in the excitement didn`t take precise measurements.

You have to get a camber kit though, because the arms of the dana 35 are pushed downwards so your tires are like this: \ / The stock camber adjust does not have enough movement to correct it, so you need the kit.
Mine cost about 80 CDN so US would be around 60 I guess, then labor, and the alignment of course.

You didn`t say if you had 4x4, but I assume ya do.

Maybe mrboyle can add more, I think I even gained some info from him back in my stock days...
;)

Originally posted by mrboyle
My X sits perfectly level with the F-150 spacers and Warriors. The front spacers only give you about 1 3/4" lift.

mrboyle...did you also get the 2wd coil spacers from a 1997 F150?

what is the difference between the 2wd and the 4wd coil spacers?

Hey dude, I don`t think there is a difference in the coil spacer anyway. LOL, just wondering what ya had after all, since I made reference to the dana front axle.
-You still have coils either way.

Don`t ya love how people tell you they sit level with shackles and spacers, and at the same time they tell you you get 1 1/4" lift with war 153s and 1 3/4 with spacers?
The math is a little funny eh?

Course I never saw mine with just shackles on because I got add-a-leaf first, but It seemed like the rear was too low. If I measured from just ahead of the rear tire and just behind the front it was about half inch higher to the rear, but I prefer looking at the height using the center of the wheel wells.
I see a lot of stock ex`s that seem to sag in the rear, Personally, I like it 1/2 inch higher in the rear wheel well, for that aggressive look.

good luck!

OKay you guys. The coil spacer (Ford actually calls them COILS SEATS) only came on a couple yearsd of 2wd F-150's. These factory spring seats will work with the dana 35 TTB only (possibly the D44 TTB as well but Explorer's dont have those)

The 4wd's did not have these spacers. Only early 90's TWO WHEEL DRIVE F-150's came with the part you want.

The FORD part numbers are:

F2TZ-5A307-A
F2TZ-5A307-B

a 1997 2WD F-150 does not have these, as in 97 the have IFS (from memory).

They are 1-5/8" tall. You can see pictures on this site somewhere....

That must be what came with my kit then. I just measured it.

for the record, the add-a-leafs were from Explorer pro comp part #56001

Hey, just my two cents here, and I'm not trying to sell you the Daystar stuff.

But I was not happy at all with the shackle/spacer route.
All you are doing is putting a band-aid on aged sagging springs.

For about 125.00 I got the Skyjacker 2" lift kit. New front coils and an add-a-leaf. Money well spent...

Look for an old post titled "cheap way of lifting" a bunch of us went down this road and vented our frustrations and details in that post.

All the best.

hg

Hank, that`s a good idea.
I figure the spacer might limit wheel travel too, but the spacers were in before I thought of it... I figure if my springs become fatigued enough I will try and hunt down some coils to give me the same height. Don`t want to bother with it now since I worry that it would throw my alignment out.

Good point if the kit is not much more than a spacer kit.

Hank, where did you buy the skyjacker 2inch lift for $125?

Some holiday deal my wife got from 4wheelparts.com .. (Saw the credit card bill)

All the kit contains is coils and an add-a-leaf.

The rough country (which I like the ride of better) "leveling coils" are the same height as the skyjacker and were 110.00 when I bought them. www.roughcountry.com

Get a 29.00 add-a-leaf from your local auto parts store and you are good to go.

my car seems to ride like this / \ if i add the f150 spacers will i get a desired height and alignment?

If it rides like that now, it'll be even worse with spacers. But you'll get the height.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think that the coil spacers make a car with good alignment go like this \ / and since mine are like this / \ then they will balance eachother out

Back