Warrior shackles and TT? I'm new to this!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warrior shackles and TT? I'm new to this!!!

35Remmy

Reaction score
City, State
Binghamton NY, Hazleton PA, Northern NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'88,'99 Ranger, '00 EX
OK...I'm new to my '99 (which is almost 10 years old already!)...and don't know much about lifting it.

I have an '88 Ranger with a James Duff sus. lift but that's a whole different suspension.

As I understand it, many of you guys are running the Warrior shackles, but what height? I can get shackles in 1, 2 or 3 inches for my Wrangler, for example.

Are you TT'ing (I take it that this means torsion twisting?) the front at all, and if so, how much? Like if the Warrior shackles are 2", how much do I crank the front to even the truck out?

I have another recent post asking about a 3" leveling kit (they're like torsion keys in the front and add-a-leaf for the back for like 225$. Then I figure I can do a 2" body lift for another 150$. Which method is better?

I gained about an 1 1/2 inches in the rear with the Warrior shackles. I think they were about 2" longer then stock. Then I (and still am) attempted to raise the front an 1 1/2 inches via the torsion bars.

Add-a-leaf will give you a harsher ride then longer shackles. TT/Shackles is the cheapest way, but you won't gain a ton of height from it.

Search for war-153. Thats the shackle most of us use. Its 3" taller than stock (8.5" vrs 5.5"). That gives you "about" 1.5" of lift..

~Mark

Back