Warrior Shackles question.....

MO_GUY

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Farber, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explo Sport 4.0 SOHC
If I buy a set of the Warrior Shackles will I have to have the rear end on jack stands or can I leave it on the ground without it sagging down on my head?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will need to lift the rear end (frame) to release the pressure on the springs.

Robb

yay, that oughta be fun with my 12" lift jack, dont think my stands can even hold it up, i think they are 3500 lbs, is that enough?

3500 lb stands?!?:eek: That is more than enough. Remember, each stand will only be holding 1/4 of the weight of the truck at most. All you want to do is lift it right to the point right before the tires leave the ground. This will put the least stress on the springs. If it is a little bit of a scary situation, try only doing one side at a time. I tend to do this anyway when dealing with jackstands, I just don't trust them (especially since I only have a gravel driveway to work on).

Robb

MO_GUY

Place the rear frame on the jack stands so the rear wheels are off the ground. Use your jack to raise the axle to release pressure from the shackle bolt and suspend the rear axle. Remove one shackle at a time. Torque the bolts with the vehicle on the ground. I did this with my factory bottle jack and my wife's scissor jack. I DON'T recomend anyone do it this way! BTW, I was in snow!!

SCISSOR JACKS SUCK!! I used one when I lowered my old cougar, I just had finished up the front end, took out the stands and started to lower it, and the weight of the car ripped the threads all to hell, the car almost fell on my brother. Anyways.....I'm like you morrisey0, I don't really trust jacks or jack stands, they just don't seem tough enough.

One day I will have a big garage with a hydraulic lift. Then nothing will be impossible!

yea......and even then you'll be scared of the hydraulic fluids draining out :D jk muwahahaha

Nonsense!

You know if I'll have a big garage with a hydraulic lift, then I will have a floor drain with an oil/water sererator.

Back