• Register Today It's free!

warrior shackles?

webdog

Reaction score
City, State
indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer sport
how hard are the warrior shackles rto put on a 93 explorer sport and how much llift will it give me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not to difficult. i havent done it yet though. they are sitting in my parents garage. do a searh on shackles and youll probably find what you are looking for...i think it give an inch and a quarter lift. but it also depends on manufacturing tolerances on your truck.

is this something i can do my self

yes. all it really consists of is jacking up the rear and unbolting some things and then replacing them with the new shackle. there will be some frustrating prying and body(yours not the truck) contortion though

where exactly do trhey go? on the leaf springf or what. i have no idea! im pretty much new to this stuff

yes they move the leaf spring furter away from the truck. they look like an H at the back of your rear leafs and just below the bumper.

so they pretty much just bend the leaf springs and make them taller

Not really, the aftermarket shackles are longer than the stock ones, so they in effect push the rear spring mount downward, which raises the truck. I don't think they bend the springs, just move the rear mount lower.

oh i see now i know what they are thannks

Back