was there a PCM change for a 2007 4.0????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

was there a PCM change for a 2007 4.0?????

snickers69ss

Reaction score
City, State
Darmstadt
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer 4.0 "IRONMAN"
Hello I am looking for a tuner chip for a 2007 ford explorer 4.0. I purchased one through JetChips and it does not fit, Jet swears up and down that it is the right chip. I was told by Jet that my truck might be some sort of special application where Ford changed up some stuff under the hood. My computer is located on the left side in the engine compartment just in front of the firewall and has three wiring harnesses coming out of it, they claim to have sold many chips for 2007 4.0's and say they have never seen that. Does anyone have the same thing or have a 2007 with something different? Thank you for your help have great day!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Generally Jet products are a waste of money.

Look into an SCT XCal 2 tuner from one of our sponsors. They really work.

Good luck ....

Oh I mentioned Jet being crap earlier too.. but they messed up my application too when I tried them. Im not even sure if they test them on actual explorers or just make **** up.

Hello I am looking for a tuner chip for a 2007 ford explorer 4.0. I purchased one through JetChips and it does not fit, Jet swears up and down that it is the right chip. I was told by Jet that my truck might be some sort of special application where Ford changed up some stuff under the hood. My computer is located on the left side in the engine compartment just in front of the firewall and has three wiring harnesses coming out of it, they claim to have sold many chips for 2007 4.0's and say they have never seen that. Does anyone have the same thing or have a 2007 with something different? Thank you for your help have great day!

You have what is call the p-tech style computer. There is not a J-port available to install a chip onto anymore. These computers changed and the "chip" port dissappeared in 2002 model year. The only way to "chip" your truck is to flash the pcm. The ExCal 2 by SCT is a wonderful way to custom tune your truck. I am a dealer and feel you will be satisfied with the tuning capabilities of the ExCal 2.

Are all the new computers like this?

You have what is call the p-tech style computer. There is not a J-port available to install a chip onto anymore. These computers changed and the "chip" port dissappeared in 2002 model year. The only way to "chip" your truck is to flash the pcm. The ExCal 2 by SCT is a wonderful way to custom tune your truck. I am a dealer and feel you will be satisfied with the tuning capabilities of the ExCal 2.

Would you say it's still worth it even with the V6?

Back