Was this a good deal - 02 XLT demo? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Was this a good deal - 02 XLT demo?

Originally posted by SaleenEXP
Also just noticed he's in Hawaii, but 30,000 for an XLS. I have a ad here from the newspaper for a Maroone Ford dealership:
"Brand New 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR w/ V6 engine, Leather, Power windows/Locks/Mirrors, Tilt, Cruise, Premium Sound and Much More! only $23,995."

They also have really cheap prices on the 02' Sport and 03' Expedition XLT and other cars.

Whats the fine print say... prob has something to do with a min. down payment or something... thats shockingly cheap!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by MikeF150
This is my first post on this site (my personal vehicle is an 02 F150 Supercrew King Ranch, thus I'm usually at the F150 sites)

Anyways... just bought an 02 Explorer XLT today for my wife... demo with 5600 miles... had everything we (she) wanted... leather, moon roof, third row seat, running boards, Estate Green color....

Was using the X-plan and if new, X-Plan price was $30,760. (List $33,855) Since is was a demo, I negotiated the final price to $28,000 ... thus $2760 below X-plan.

Does this sound like a good deal or could I have gotten much lower? Personally, I know it's too late to do anything about it and the wife's happy and that's all that matters....

Just looking for feedback from others who have may have bought demos in the past.

Thanks......

Sounds like a good price to me.. especially with all the options you got!

no joke, the ad is right here, it's an 02' w/ 0% financing if that makes a difference. It says Liquidation Sale, we have to make room for the 03's. There also selling 03' Expedition XLT's for 28,950 but w/o leather and the 5.4. Brand New 2002 Mustang for 14,995 but its a V6. All their cars are 0% except for the 2002 F-150 Supercab.

But I'm sure they get you somewhere, b/c a used 02' Ex goes for a little less than that here. And I'm pretty sure they get you somewhere now, b/c I don't think it's possible for them to sell a 02' F-150 Supercab for 17,995 with 4.9 and 3,000 rebate.

On a good note, below the Expedition ad it says "we'll give you an additional 1,000 off if you own a Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade, Durango, Land Cruiser or Seqouia.:p

I think you need to read the fine print with that ad.... it probably includes the $2500 rebate if paying cash, $400 recent college grad discount and probably some sort of "dealer loyalty" discount as well..... all this could add up to 3-4 thousand bucks....

As well, it seems the only options you listed were leather and premium radio.... everything else listed I thought was standard on the XLT..

I'd be very surprised if you went down to the dealer to buy that exact Explorer at that price... it would probably would have been already "sold".... but while you're here, here's another one that you maybe interested in.... :)

Originally posted by ChuckyD

jelous?
I am .... anyway, congrats on your potential purchase...

No not JEALOUS just truly wondering.

Originally posted by 4.0SOHC
SaleenEXP, I am not trying to offend you, but how old are you, I see that you wrote, "94 x, mom gave to lil sister"???
Just curious how one could buy a 27K Mounty for a first Truck, or are you talking about your folks.

I'm 20, I know that might piss some of you off, but trust me I'm not stuck up at all, that pisses me off the most when people act like that. And yes, I wasn't paying for it but thats just how my family is, I know I'm very lucky and appreciate it. I did give my mom 2,000 towards my 94 when we first got it, I didn't have too but I could afford to and felt better doing that even if it wasn't much.
I know it seems stuck up or whatnot to some people if I'm driving an 02' that I didn't pay for (don't have one yet by the way, still waiting for better colors to come in) but it's really bad where I live. Put it this way I parked next to a kid driving an Aston Martin Vantage today at college. Now I could see getting an 02' or hell any other Ex or car given to you 27,000 and below (I still love my 94'), but for a kid to be driving a $200,000 car is just a little crazy doncha think;) , I don't care how much money I had I wouldn't get my kid an Aston.

Thanks, I was just making sure you wheren't like 15 or something talking out your ass. Anyways, your in school and that's cool, I am 24 and graduated last year. I had to work alot, but my folks gave me a vehicle to drive, (not own), I did however turn around and buy it from them. My wife and I are both working and Money isn't an issue any more. Not makeing tons, but plenty for the two of us and all the toys I want.:D
What school do you go to.

thats cool, I just didn't want anyone thinking I was stuck up or something. We're probably the least stuck family in Boca, it's insane here seriously. The only good thing about living here is being on the water for boating and waverunning and surfing, that's it, at least thats all I do:) . Whats even crazier almost all those Ex' CEOS that are being charged now live here or have houses here b/c Fl. has that law where they can't take your house even if you lose everything. That Sulivan guy (Scott Sullivan I think) was building a $20,000,000 house less than 5min from me. The Tyco company is up the street, and the ceo (I think Kowalski thats getting charged) lives in the community next to mine, and I swear I saw them after they arressted (can't spell today) him from his house when I was comming up the road b/c there were a bunch of cop cars comming out followed by a news crew. I was watching the tv and it was him. I really can't stand living here except for being on the water. I go to Lynn University, it's a small private college in Boca. Almost everyone is from New Jersey or NY there.

I miss my 94', loved that truck, pisses me off that I spent over 2,000 for the stereo not to mention all the other performance mods and such just for my sister to get it, damit;)

What's the matta wid folks from Jersey or Nah Yawk? :D

At least here in New Jersey, there's a law that says you get to keep your killer stereo if you have to give your vehicle to a younger sibling..... :D

Originally posted by MikeF150
What's the matta wid folks from Jersey or Nah Yawk? :D

At least here in New Jersey, there's a law that says you get to keep your killer stereo if you have to give your vehicle to a younger sibling..... :D

I wish we had that law:D . I did tell her that if she ever pisses me off I'll rip everything out though:D I would have ripped it out and put it in the 02' Mounty but I didn't get one yet, probably within a month or so, I just didn't want to rip it out w/o putting it in something else yet. I love that Estate Green color by the way my neighbor has an 02' Ex in Estate Green also.

now that you mention New Jersey, thats why I'm getting an 02' Mounty. I was dead-set on finding s Saleen Explorer and the last one I could find for sale was in New Jersey and it was sold the day after I contacted the owner, damit, the original owner gave him my number and he called me and told me he knew a guy in NY who had 2 Saleens and was selling one. But he ended up wanting over 30,000 for it, even w/o the supercharger option. So I gave up on that idea. Oh well, guess I'll have to settle for an 02';) j/k.

My 02 is Estate Green :D with LT 265 75R 16:eek:

Saleen isn't kiddin about Boca- It is ridiculous
One of my friends just grad from Lynn and another went to FAU.

Well, I've got a ridin' mower.

PS I do think things are cheaper down here in FL.

Saleen
Have you seen the Mounty's w/ rims and everything stock- one or two really nice ones at a dealer in Clearwater.
opalescent white color-damn

I don't know what some of the people here are saying - you got yourself a good deal. Whenever you ask a question like that you always get someone that knows someone who says they got a better deal. Now enjoy that truck!

Originally posted by Big Poppa
Saleen isn't kiddin about Boca- It is ridiculous
One of my friends just grad from Lynn and another went to FAU.

Well, I've got a ridin' mower.

PS I do think things are cheaper down here in FL.

Saleen
Have you seen the Mounty's w/ rims and everything stock- one or two really nice ones at a dealer in Clearwater.
opalescent white color-damn
whoa, this is an old thread, yeh Lynn is pretty crazy, FAU isn't that stuck up but it's a huge campus, I get lost in there.

lol, somebody knows what it's like to live where I live, especially my community;) . Put it this way the kid across from us is only 17 and he's already gone through a new BMW M3, and a new Porsche 911, both he totaled along with crashing his moms Mercedes S600. His dad then gave him his 03' Cobra, and this isn't my friend with the 03' Cobra I talked about, this kid just annoys me. They have the same boat as us, 27ft Fountain, except theirs is an 01', he backed it up into the sea wall on their dock and smashed one of the 300' Outboard engines which are about the price of a new car/truck for one engine.

You mean the 17" rims that are on Luxury models? I still haven't gotten one yet. We looked scince may to find a mineral grey one but can't find any, so I think I'm gonna end up with an 03' Mounty 4.6 and lux package in Silver Frost - we found one like it, but it was a V6:( , hopefully it'll be easier to find.

65 fury Convert:
Also, our dealer just sold an 02' Explorer V8 Eddie Bauer with 5,300 miles on it for $23,900, much better than 30,000 for an xls. One of the Mountaineers we looked at in the summer with every option except the V8 was only 25,500 with 1,200 miles on it. XLS's here sell below 20,000 with almost no miles on them.

No, this mounty had 20's or so, I guess some of the dealers have special packages or something? You can hardly even tell what it is. I haven't had a chance to stop and take a look yet- I'll have to stop and find out what the deal is on it sometime soon.

Good luck findin what you want.

Must be nice (your neighbor)

Has to be a dealer thing, I know ours has done that before. One of the Lincoln Blackwoods they got in, they had completley customized and sold it like that at a much higher price. A few weeks ago they had an 03' Navigator they sold, it had a sick custom paint job that blended black, mineral grey, silver and a dark bluish/purple color...it was beautiful, I've never seen such a nice paint job. Along with a custom Alpine stereo and dual Magnaflow exhaust. They started it up, drooool, the 4v 5.4 V8 sounds incredible with Magnaflows. They also had 20" Weld rims installed. It sold in less then a week and they were asking about 70,000 for it.

Yup boca is bad.. I went there in may for vacation and stayed at the Boca Raton Resort & club.. let me tell you some of the members there... they women had rings on with rocks in them.. i mean ROCKS i dont know how they held there hand up.. BTW i only went there cause my GF's uncle is the VP there =) stayed in a $450 a night room for $150 a night =) gota love it

Originally posted by Mikke
Yup boca is bad.. I went there in may for vacation and stayed at the Boca Raton Resort & club.. let me tell you some of the members there... they women had rings on with rocks in them.. i mean ROCKS i dont know how they held there hand up.. BTW i only went there cause my GF's uncle is the VP there =) stayed in a $450 a night room for $150 a night =) gota love it
oh I know how bad it is, kids should not have Aston Martins, Ferrari's ect. The only reason we live here is we bought a sick house and got a good deal on it (if you call what we payed a goo deal:confused: on the intracoastal cause we love boating and anything to do with water, except that it was in the most stuck up community. But b/c the area is so prestigious and on the water our house has gone up almost twice what we payed for.

We live exactly right across from the Boca Resort and Club on the right hand side of the entrance to the resort if your going east on Camino towards the water where the Resort is, in Royal Palm Yacht Club, you probably saw it, can't miss the friggen houses, no guard gates so you can just drive in, you should see how many cars come in here to look around.

One of my friends used to work at that club and he made like 600-700 dollers per week in highschool, mostly b/c of all the tips. Bring someone out a drink, they gave him a $20 tip, samething for towels ect. It is one of the nicest Hotels though, just pretty expensive, some rooms are over a couple thousand a night but ya gotta be like famous to have access to rooms like that..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My First car was....

an 18 year old Cadillac, which was abandoned on someone's lot, and not running. The owner of the lot just wanted it taken away, so I paid him $10 for it, got new registration and fixed the fuel problem. Turns out someone had dumped sugar in the gas tank - so I had to drop the tank, flush it out, and put on a filter on the fuel line. Ran great!!

Now many years later, I gave my daughter an 8 year old Honda to drive, she banged it up a bit then bought her a Mitsubishi Eclipse for her senior year in high school.

Also, made my son wait until he was almost 18 before I let him get his license. Then bought him an F-150 his senior year. Best deal I've seen on a truck - dealer ran a Saturday ad for 25% off MSRP on any 2002 F-150 on the lot, and had about 200 to choose from.

And yes they both help make the payments and insurance.

Back