• Register Today It's free!

Washer Pump Continued...

hippyheart

Reaction score
City, State
West Plains, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Explorer Sport
My vehicle is a '96 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 6 cylinder...Okay, Now I boiled it down to an electrical problem somewhere... I found my relay box #1 (thanks to a Ford Dealer printout) behind my battery on the side wall and found my front and rear relays for the washers/wipers. I switched the relays and the rear worked fine and the front wipers did too...still no front washer pump. Took pump off and wired it to the battery...It worked! Changed the fuse on slot #12 in the fuse panel. Still nothing. Directly wired the pump to the pump wires bypassing the connector, nothing. Note: 10:00 at night having my lady in pajamas and houseshoes pushing in the multifunction switch! Thank God I was doing this after American Idol! lol I took my multimeter and checked the the pump wires and it read 0.00. I just hope I'm doing that right. Had the plug 10A DC and control on 10A. Someone with electrical know how further my progress please! I also read on another webpage tonight that there is another relay box for the front washer pump under the washer reservoir. That was a 1st on that one Is there? Thanks for any answers! One more question. Is there any way I can bypass that wiring, add a relay somewhere and make it work?

So, I took out the washer reservoir and there is no relay box under there. Put everything back together and checked all my relays in the horn relay. They all honked. Next I cleaned out all my relay boxes with electrical spray. Checked again. Same, no working washer. I took out my multi###tion switch per picture instructions on here from a thread from bigrondo which was easy. Note: I had to remove two screws and take off my hood opener. I took apart my multifunction switch and cleaned the stalks which were green and corroded and found a broken blue with white stripe broken on the harness (anyone know what this wire goes to? Fixed it. Put it all back together and still nothing. No washer pump working. Any suggestions?

Back