wat the best exhaust for a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 v6 to sound mean | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wat the best exhaust for a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 v6 to sound mean

bigvee20c

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
wat the best exhaust for a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 v6 to sound mean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's nearly entirely a matter of personal opinion. Youtube is your friend on this situation.

Muffler: My vote you be magnaflow. "Flowmaster" 40's will be loud and gorgeous, but they'll drone and they don't actually flow better than stock. Flowmaster 50's are slightly less obnoxious. Glass packs are cheap as dirt, but I think they sound lousy on v6's (personal opinion).

Turndown/tailpipe/dumps: if you're looking to increase your interior noise level, consider swapping you tailpipe for a turndown. Aiming the exhaust at the ground will reflect the sound into the cab, instead ouf straight out the back. If you wanna get crazier, dump your exhaust before your rear axle. One of my buddies WS6 is dumped there, sounds amazing, but it's lound enuf to make my jaw hurt.

Like I said, it's all personal opinion...

yes its all personal opinion...

Dear Bigvee
1st as the people said it is all personal but why would you do somthing like that it will harm the eneging head amoung the time.

Dear Bigvee
1st as the people said it is all personal but why would you do somthing like that it will harm the eneging head amoung the time.

What are you talking about????

yea fella that post makes no sense...

please elaberate...

I have a Thrush glass pack on my 4.0 and it sounds amazing

Back