Watch out using Ipod Touch with Sync via USB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Watch out using Ipod Touch with Sync via USB

Anthony B

Reaction score
Hi - My sync system couldn't locate my Ipod Touch hooked up via the USB input. It worked perfectly for a while and then stopped all of a sudden. When I used the voice activated commands and said "USB" the sync would reply that no USB device could be found -even though my Ipod Touch was plugged in.

I reset the radio / sync system to no avail and tried a regular Ipod with no luck. Then all of sudden it came back today and is now working properly with a regular Ipod nano.

The sync on-line chat helpers advised that this problem was caused by some software on the Ipod Touch that corrupts sync and that microsoft and apple were working on a patch to fix it. Just thought I'd throw the warning out there. I was lucky in that it resolved itself (don't know how) but wouldn't want anyone to fall into that problem. I'd basically avoid using an IPod touch via USB for now - at least until the patch is available to fix the issue.

Back