water, condensation? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

water, condensation?

bad_dog

Reaction score
I noticed a small puddle of water under the Ex the last couple times I drove it. It looks like maybe AC condensation, even though I wasnt using the AC. Has anybody else noticed this?

I noticed a small puddle of water under the Ex the last couple times I drove it. It looks like maybe AC condensation, even though I wasnt using the AC. Has anybody else noticed this?

If you have the climate set to auto it will activate the a/c even when you are calling for heat under certain conditions without you knowing it. My second guess is it could be water coming out of a drain hole if you had rain in the last few days.

Was the A/C light indicator light on? As Cory said in another thread, just because the A/C light is on, it doesn't necessarily mean that the A/C is actually working. It only comes on when required. If the A/C light was not on, then the water is likely coming from somewhere else as JFUSION mentioned. If this is the case, check to see if the water is clear or contains anti-freeze.

Ya, the AC light has been on, even though it isnt very warm here. The water is clear, no antifreeze, and only shows up just after driving. Ill keep an eye on it and hopefully its just some normal condensation from the AC, although my other cars never leave puddles like this.

Thanks.

Back