Water dripping near muffler. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Water dripping near muffler.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's normal. There is a separate standalone air conditioner that sits above the left rear wheel. It cools the 2nd and 3rd row seating area. You can see in your video that those are the refrigerant lines leading into the fender well and that is the condensate draining.

Ok- thank you. I was hoping that was the answer but I wasn't sure.

I appreciate your response.

I've started finding puddles under my left muffler. Just took this pic. It's dripping down onto the muffler from above, but from where?

It looks and smells like water, but there's quite a bit. Enough to soak the sleeve of my t-shirt when I laid down to look, and there's still plenty on the ground, as there was at the grocery store, which is only 2 miles away.

IMG_20170228_185105.jpg

Condensation from rear AC unit.

With the rear heater core right there I'd be looking at that also.

Have you smelled it to see what it smells like? Rubbed it through a couple of fingers to see if it feel slick?

i notice mine much more as it becomes more humid (of course) as it does not evaporate nearly as quickly. All normal for rear climate system.

I didn't realize that was there, or that there even was a separate unit for the rear A/C. This is my first vehicle with rear A/C.

Thanks all!

Back