Water Flow direction for Heater Control ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Water Flow direction for Heater Control ?

tomlando

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT 5.0L
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I have a 97 5.0, 2WD Explorer XLT that I bought a few months ago. It did not have the heater control valve and the hoses were connected together as a bypass. I bought a simple Control valve with one inlet and one outlet and an arrow for the proper flow direction. Looking at the hoses at the back of the engine, One is connected to the cylinder head and the other is connected to a tube that runs under the intake manifold to the water pump. Does anyone know which one connects to the heater core and which would connect to the inlet of the control valve? And, which of the heater core tubes is the inlet?

Thank you

Recommend you pressure check the heater core before you connect anything together. 99% of the time they are bypassed it is due to leaking core. Takes 6-10 hours to replace the core, usually quotes around a grand at garages.

Thanks, Rville. I have read up a little on that already and it is in the plan to test the core.

Does anyone knows the water flow direction?

Back