Water Leak | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keep good documentation so when you reach your limit you can contact a lemon law attorney like we did. Once Ford has to start purchasing these back then someone will notify the guy on the assembly line and they'll correct the problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crystal,

I have been in contact with the dealership. Would it not be wise for Ford Dealership to have some sort of database that collects vehicle data (i.e. water leaks) to determine extent of issue? Additionally, if a dealership resolves the issue, other dealerships can pull from the database and be able to apply a possible solution to a similar issue. It seems that in this thread alone you have several similar issues that have been seen by dealerships with or no resolution. It's all about efficiency and effectiveness. I would think ford knows this as this approach is already taken when vehicles get recalled. As a customer service rep, beside referring us to the dealership (which we all know we should do), what other support can you provide that can resolve our issue.
Perhaps a better idea would be to link all dealerships to this site. :):thumbsup:

Peter

Crystal,

I have been in contact with the dealership. Would it not be wise for Ford Dealership to have some sort of database that collects vehicle data (i.e. water leaks) to determine extent of issue? Additionally, if a dealership resolves the issue, other dealerships can pull from the database and be able to apply a possible solution to a similar issue. It seems that in this thread alone you have several similar issues that have been seen by dealerships with or no resolution. It's all about efficiency and effectiveness. I would think ford knows this as this approach is already taken when vehicles get recalled. As a customer service rep, beside referring us to the dealership (which we all know we should do), what other support can you provide that can resolve our issue.

Hi tony89,

I can assist by getting concerns documented and escalated; this gets information into the hands of regional customer service managers so they can work with specific dealers. An important step in this process, though, is getting vehicles to dealerships so service techs can get their hands on these Explorers and perform inspections. The data that is captured as a result of these visits can be examined by our engineering team to identify trends and to find solutions.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me. :)

Crystal

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with Ford Quality at this point. I have had my explorer fixed 4 times with no success in doing so. I had retained a lemon law Attu and gotten a repurchase of my explorer limited. I encourage everyone to tell every single explorer owner that they see to check the areas of concern. I just told one owner last week and she wanted me to show her where the area would be.. Guess what? Water residue on the back wall. Also, her husband is a retired ford employee. They are furious, as they should be. Cannot believe that ford will not correct this problem!!!

Has anyone in this thread had a successful resolution to their problem? I am getting ready to take mine in this week, again.

We haven't. Ex is back in while they rip the insides out for the 11th time. Curious how interior parts fit after they've been ripped out and put back that many times? Its not pretty. And the carpets and padding they swear are not moldy? They smell otherwise. My wife loved her explorer when she got it. She hates it now.

To All

This I believe is a major safety issue and quite embarrasing that Ford doesn't want to address it. Maybe because it would be a major recall issue and cost $millions$.

Think about what water does to metal. It's corrosive. In most of these posts, water was entering the 3rd row seat belt. The seat belt retractor has moving metal components that work together during a crash that will put tension on the belt. Keeping the occupant safe. If these metal parts rust, then they won't work properly.

Let's just hope that no one is injured in a crash because safety parts did work as designed. With all these posts for 2 years...........the lawyers will have a field day.

I got my Explorer back again. Like I was told before ( and everyone in this forum has been saying), was told that they solve my leak problem. Did the same thing as the first time, but allegedly missed it the first time around (after I was assured the leak problem was resolved). We have rains coming, we will see. If it leaks again, it might be time to consider the lemon law.

I had a coworker ask me about my explorer this morning. Unfortunately I felt like I had to tell him to stay away from them. I can't promote this vehicle knowing the problems I've had and the recurring problems I see here like this.

I had a coworker ask me about my explorer this morning. Unfortunately I felt like I had to tell him to stay away from them. I can't promote this vehicle knowing the problems I've had and the recurring problems I see here like this.

Actually referred a friend this week as well... He is getting a explorer this week! Thanks for 'stirring the pot'. How about taking a few turns through other vehicle forums. You will find more negative posts on there than on here. Bottom line is ford is the only American car company that did not take the facist buyout! Further, most of the negative posts on here are from people that have fewer than 10 posts, and are just trolls.

My wife loves her 2013 ex. Quite frankly if mine leaked I'd buy $30 seam sealer and fix it myself. My '02 truck's seams are cracking, but do not leak yet. Guess some are too lazy/incompetent to do that.

Why spend $30 when it is free (under manufacture warranty). But then again, that would make sense.

Actually referred a friend this week as well... He is getting a explorer this week! Thanks for 'stirring the pot'. How about taking a few turns through other vehicle forums. You will find more negative posts on there than on here. Bottom line is ford is the only American car company that did not take the facist buyout! Further, most of the negative posts on here are from people that have fewer than 10 posts, and are just trolls.

My wife loves her 2013 ex. Quite frankly if mine leaked I'd buy $30 seam sealer and fix it myself. My '02 truck's seams are cracking, but do not leak yet. Guess some are too lazy/incompetent to do that.

Well, aren't you the loyal fan boy...

FYI we have two fords right now. I've owned more fords than any other brand. Call me crazy, but when I spend a sh*t ton of money on something, I expect it to be a quality product. Some folks here have had WAY more patience with Ford and these leaks than I would have had.

Just a little FYI smart guy. The big 3 all took government bail outs, just each had different terms.

On topic. My parents are looking at buying a 2013 XLT. Have they fixed this issue yet? Pretty sad if they haven't.

Ted22

You're absolutley correct. The Ford Engineers and Chicago assembly workers are too Lazy & Incompetent at fixing a water leak after knowing about this for 2 Years.

Every person that asks me about my Explorer, the first thing I tell them is that it Leaks, it Leaks and it Leaks. Any by the way, if you buy one and it Leaks, don't expect them to fix it............they'll just tell you to do it yourself for $30 because they "are too lazy/incompetent".

I took mine in about a month ago and only one side was leaking. After i got it back now both side are leaking:mad: I'm taking it in tomorrow morning and getting a loaner. Let's see what happens.

To All
Let's just hope that no one is injured in a crash because safety parts did work as designed. With all these posts for 2 years...........the lawyers will have a field day.

This is a very pertinent statement and one that ford should take note of. Far more costly for them if said scenario did play out. Sad but true. If they are gamblers.

Hi everyone!

Thanks to those of you who have already reached out to me with your information. If you would like a follow-up call from your regional customer service manager (CSM), send me a PM with your current mileage and I'll make it happen. If you have not contacted me in the past, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll check out some options to help.

Crystal

I took mine in about a month ago and only one side was leaking. After i got it back now both side are leaking:mad: I'm taking it in tomorrow morning and getting a loaner. Let's see what happens.
Where specifically is it leaking? It seems that they all do not leak in the same place. I asked in post #119 if there is a common point where it leaks and never did get a reply. I assume it is where the rails fasten to the roof.
Mine is still dry and I personally checked a 2012 Limited that belongs to a friend and it also did not show any signs of water penetration. When I was in for my last service I asked my salesman if I could check out a couple of used Explorers that were on the lot. Neither of the two showed any signs that water had leaked into the interior and the wheel wells were dry. So if this is occurring on the assembly line then it is not a common problem to all vehicles.
That could definitely make it harder to pinpoint.

Peter

Mine leaks in from the 3rd row seat belts. It pretty much the same as Fordmanck post #25.

IMAG0993_zpsdc9e8b8a.jpg

IMAG0992_zpsb3b0e62d.jpg

IMAG0991_zpsc3417245.jpg

Video
th_Xleak_zps253faac3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Amazing that this water leak is happening in 2013 vehicles. I guess FORD has ONLY had two years to correct this known issue.

Back