Water Leak | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roof still leaking

We reported this problem early and then unfortunately OFTEN! We've had our ex in for repairs over 10x's, now our dealer is turning us away because they dont know what else to do. You read that right, THEY TURNED AWAY OUR VEHICLE FROM THE DEALERSHIP (ALL AMERICAN FORD PARAMUS NJ) AFTER THE SERVICE MANAGER WHO WE'VE BEEN DEALING WITH WITNESSED THE LATEST LEAK AND SAID "SORRY, WE CANT DO ANYMORE"

Our interior is saturated with water, our headliner is saturated with water, my wife has been in tears over this and no one can help us!

http://youtu.be/o1RFtKSwqco

http://youtu.be/NgZ5qYFzPOw

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone,

I know many of you are frustrated with what you've been experiencing; I hear you and I'll continue to do all I can to assist. If you haven't already, send me your information (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, full name) so I can get your case documented.

Crystal

We reported this problem early and then unfortunately OFTEN! We've had our ex in for repairs over 10x's, now our dealer is turning us away because they dont know what else to do...

Hi Edgieguy,

I recommend making an appointment with a different dealership so they can give you a second opinion. If you need assistance locating an alternate dealership near you, send me a PM with your ZIP code and I'll be happy to find some options for you.

Crystal

What again

Crystal,
Are u kidding me
Like I said before you have not done anything to resolve these problem,
you want to help call FORD in Mi. And get them to resolve this problem .
The reginal engineer was not interested why would you think you could solve this.
Post someone in commands phone number to straighten this out, now that would be doing something.
Is anyone else bored and frustrated with these reps all they want to know is vin number ,phone # and name .
This doesn't cut it we need action and fast ,winters coming.
FRANK

We reported this problem early and then unfortunately OFTEN! We've had our ex in for repairs over 10x's, now our dealer is turning us away because they dont know what else to do...QUOTE]

Hi Edgieguy,

I recommend making an appointment with a different dealership so they can give you a second opinion. If you need assistance locating an alternate dealership near you, send me a PM with your ZIP code and I'll be happy to find some options for you.

Crystal

The problem with going to another dealer is that they don't want to deal with all the patches the first dealer did to try and remedy the problem. The guy from another dealer already told me, they messed it up, let them fix it. Not that it gets dumped on my mechanics. And in all honesty I don't blame him for telling me.

...This doesn't cut it we need action and fast...

Hi Frank,

I can assist by getting your information into the hands of your regional customer service manager; my offer to help still stands if you'd like to go that route. I don't have the ability to make or receive calls, so if you'd like to talk with someone directly, you can call our Customer Relationship Center directly at 1-800-392-3673; they can also assist with getting your concerns into the right hands.

The problem with going to another dealer is that they don't want to deal with all the patches the first dealer did to try and remedy the problem. The guy from another dealer already told me, they messed it up, let them fix it. Not that it gets dumped on my mechanics. And in all honesty I don't blame him for telling me.

I understand, Edgieguy. If you'd like to go down this route in the future, let me know and I'll alert your regional customer service manager.

Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candacelee
Call a lemon law atty. Make FORD pay.

2011 - too late

We have. We had to, we had no choice. The problem wasnt being resolved time after time and before the window of opportunity closed under NJ law we got an attorney. Glad we did, because it only got worse.

We have. We had to, we had no choice. The problem wasnt being resolved time after time and before the window of opportunity closed under NJ law we got an attorney. Glad we did, because it only got worse.

Good for you.

Every morning i back out of my garage and down the drive way. When the rear of the vehicle meets the gutter and the street, i can hear the back end creek from what i figure is the the body flexing. I can't help but wonder how long before the body flex cracks weld seams and the water leaks begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candacelee
Call a lemon law atty. Make FORD pay.

2011 - too late

Not too late as long as the problem started in the first year and has not been resolved after 3 attempts

Have your dealer pull the headliner, then spray some of this on the underside :D

There may be other recourse if not actual lemon law.. Call the attys anyway. Just check. Also, tell every explorer owner you see about the problem. I have all my photos on my phone and show them every single time I see someone. Make Ford pay somehow.. This is a horrible problem that has gone on too long and they try to 'fix with some band aid'!!!

Every morning i back out of my garage and down the drive way. When the rear of the vehicle meets the gutter and the street, i can hear the back end creek from what i figure is the the body flexing. I can't help but wonder how long before the body flex cracks weld seams and the water leaks begin.
Although I can't say for sure, I would very much doubt that the sound you hear is the body flexing. It is more likely to be the suspension.

Peter

Yes we know

Sorry don't cut it.
Action does
We know how to document or service visits with what they call work orders which u have to sign every time your car is worked on.
Did u call anyone yet about this problem ???
Come on people BIT!! a little maybe someone will here us.
At least document your problem here for everyone so the next person that considers buying a explorer will think twice about it!!
Remember Squeaky door gets the oil

Hi everyone,

I know many of you are frustrated with what you've been experiencing; I hear you and I'll continue to do all I can to assist. If you haven't already, send me your information (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, full name) so I can get your case documented.

Crystal

Sorry don't cut it.
Action does
We know how to document or service visits with what they call work orders which u have to sign every time your car is worked on.
Did u call anyone yet about this problem ???Come on people BIT!! a little maybe someone will here us.
At least document your problem here for everyone so the next person that considers buying a explorer will think twice about it!!
Remember Squeaky door gets the oil
Frank, in Crystal's reply to you she clearly stated that the reps do not have the ability to receive or make calls so why ask if she called anyone yet?
It is quite obvious that you are 'picking' on the wrong person. This is going to get you absolutely nowhere. You will just keep going in circles as one can see in reading your posts.
She provided you with a phone number to call. That and having the issue documented is it Frank. You have to go through a different channel. Look at all the posts on the 'exhaust smell' and 'steering' issues and yet nothing has changed. A TSB was eventually established on the exhaust smell but it has proved to be less than successful.
I wish you luck in getting the issue addressed properly but nothing more can be achieved here that hasn't already been done.

Peter

Wha wha what

Yes would you explain to me what has been done so far or should I give up posting to this site!
There has not been anything done that I can see .
Exactly what do they do and what was accomplished thru their help?, maybe you cane explain it for them!
I would like everyone that has a problem with these cars voice an opinion not just the water leak but anything that you experienced and what was done to rectify it or are you still waiting for a response from the service people on here?
Here's a chance to speak up not just the bad but tell us what good was done also.
Waiting with faded breath to here this response
Peter please explain your results with their help, I'm not talking about them telling you when your car will be delivered but a true solved problem.
FRANK

Frank, in Crystal's reply to you she clearly stated that the reps do not have the ability to receive or make calls so why ask if she called anyone yet?
It is quite obvious that you are 'picking' on the wrong person. This is going to get you absolutely nowhere. You will just keep going in circles as one can see in reading your posts.
She provided you with a phone number to call. That and having the issue documented is it Frank. You have to go through a different channel. Look at all the posts on the 'exhaust smell' and 'steering' issues and yet nothing has changed. A TSB was eventually established on the exhaust smell but it has proved to be less than successful.
I wish you luck in getting the issue addressed properly but nothing more can be achieved here that hasn't already been done.

Peter

........Peter please explain your results with their help, I'm not talking about them telling you when your car will be delivered but a true solved problem.
FRANK
Rebecca (IVT) was able to provide a way to successfully install an earlier MFT update after the usual instructions did not work. As for Crystal, I haven't had any problems to refer to her.
No smells, no leaks, no steering issues, no MFT issues I couldn't resolve.
The only things I've had replaced/fixed were the random windshield wipe TSB, a bad front sensor and a new battery. That's it. So far it has been an excellent experience both with the vehicle and the dealer.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How many people have to report the sand issue to the rep before ford listens?? I asked to get in touch with someone higher up and the answer that was given was talk to their OFFICE OF COUNSEL! Really? Wow! Then ford talked to my atty and I was rid of my explorer( after much stress caused by this ongoing matter) Documention is extremely important to pursue the legal route but ford needs to step up to the plate and acknowledge some responsibility here.

Back