Water Leak | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Every morning i back out of my garage and down the drive way. When the rear of the vehicle meets the gutter and the street, i can hear the back end creek from what i figure is the the body flexing. I can't help but wonder how long before the body flex cracks weld seams and the water leaks begin.[/QUOTE

Interesting you said that. When we got ours my wife asked about the "creaking noise" when she would back out of our driveway into the street.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone with a leak or not (sometimes you don't see the leak) should check the spare tire well for water. The tire well catches the water and holds it everything will be wet.

Another wasted ride to the ford dealer

Went to go pickup the explorer yesterday and guess what.
Ya again the ex was had not only seam sealer all over it but it had scratches also that I didn't do .
We walked around the truck when I dropped it off last Monday and he agreed that the car was clean with no scratches .
Then I looked at the area where his mechanic worked if anyone is familiar with self leveling seam sealer this is what he used and use he did looked like sh.,.
I told him I was not happy with the way they fixed The truck and refused to take it .
He told me to hold on to the loaner and he would get back to me well here it is Saturday afternoon and no call yet.
Looks like another week without the car I'm paying for and no serius radio that I'm also paying for.
Anyone get there's fixed yet that pertains to a water leak
I'm still not optimistic that they have figured it out yet.
Fords SUCK that's right I said it and I'm not taking it back even if they fix it.
Third world company

FRANK

......Anyone get there's fixed yet that pertains to a water leak

FRANK
You asked that same question before and I answer in the affirmative.

Peter

Sounds like our story. We went to pick up our Ex and I saw a crease dented into the bottom of the rear driver side door. Told the service manager and he documented it. Its never been fixed yet, and once the dealer learned that we got a lawyer they won't fix the dent or touch the leak anymore.

I was asking for other opinions about this problem
Your interest in this issue is not helping others to get it resolved .
If u can add something to help our cause please do .
We need a person of authority in ford to help our cause, which is to straighten out our cars.
You backing the ford service people on here is not helping us just delaying the outcome which You should be striving for.
Have a nice day and let's get this done
FRANK

You asked that same question before and I answer in the affirmative.

Peter

We need a person of authority in ford to help our cause, which is to straighten out our cars.
You backing the ford service people on here is not helping us just delaying the outcome which You should be striving for.
FRANK
Frank, you asked if any members here every got their issue fixed. I just answered that question by saying, Yes, there are some members here that did get the water leak fixed. As far as backing the Reps goes, I merely pointed out that they have done all that they can do. If you want a "person of authority", you are clearly in the wrong place. You will not find that person on or through this forum. You were provided with a phone number if you wanted to follow through with your concern. Even though I don't have the water leak problem, I sincerely hope that this issue gets fixed once and for all since I will likely be looking at another Explorer lease when mine ends. It is clear that nothing further will be accomplished by complaining on this forum. If you are concerned about a delay in finding a resolution, then it is obviously time to explore other avenues.
Good luck to you and fellow members who share your frustration.

Peter

Won't give up

I will retire from this particular thread when they are all fixed not just mine and a few others .
Thank you for your interest in this thread although you have no issue with the problem other people are having.
My ex is still
At the dealer and that's why I'm here you I see you have had a battery replaced.
You should know that in the northeast during the winter months can be a bit,.,,
Things to deal with are cold rain snow and a lot of water
Did I say water back to my issue with these things.
When its cold the condensation not only outside but also inside ,I know turn on the heat yea and wait for the window to clear or maybe we can carry a a scraper to clear the inside ,I thought that's why. We bought a NEW CAR
How about the spare don't get a flat in the winter you might not get it out because it could be frozen to the mat underneath it .
You see Peter this is a real problem and should be fixed .
Since 2011 they have known if know one complains no one cares.
The rust is also an issue as u may know that body work is not cheap,price a tire well for one of these things .i can tell u it's not something you want fixed.
Maybe you. Lease and don't buy I don't know good reason in 3 years to dump it on someone else.
So consider this a public service announcement
DON'T BUY A 2011 to 2014 FORD EXPLORER ( and counting)
We call them leakers which I said to my wife we have one of those
Frank

Frank, you asked if any members here every got their issue fixed. I just answered that question by saying, Yes, there are some members here that did get the water leak fixed. As far as backing the Reps goes, I merely pointed out that they have done all that they can do. If you want a "person of authority", you are clearly in the wrong place. You will not find that person on or through this forum. You were provided with a phone number if you wanted to follow through with your concern. Even though I don't have the water leak problem, I sincerely hope that this issue gets fixed once and for all since I will likely be looking at another Explorer lease when mine ends. It is clear that nothing further will be accomplished by complaining on this forum. If you are concerned about a delay in finding a resolution, then it is obviously time to explore other avenues.
Good luck to you and fellow members who share your frustration.

Peter

Question: From reading these forums there seems to be a major problem with water leaks, and steering rack faults dating back to the 2011 models. Am I to understand correctly that in all these year an engineering fix has still not been deployed and that there still is to this day vehicles being pumped out of the factory with these faults?
And I do get that for every one with a fault there are thousands that are just fine but the number of reported faults does seem to be quite high and usually a manufacturer will fix it quickly so as not to put to many out in the field that they know statistically x amount will come back and cost them money.
I have 2014 Sport being built the first week of Sept. Hope these faults have been long corrected.

Question: From reading these forums there seems to be a major problem with water leaks, and steering rack faults dating back to the 2011 models. Am I to understand correctly that in all these year an engineering fix has still not been deployed and that there still is to this day vehicles being pumped out of the factory with these faults?
And I do get that for every one with a fault there are thousands that are just fine but the number of reported faults does seem to be quite high and usually a manufacturer will fix it quickly so as not to put to many out in the field that they know statistically x amount will come back and cost them money.
I have 2014 Sport being built the first week of Sept. Hope these faults have been long corrected.
Unfortunately the two problems you mentioned still exist with the 2014 model year. The water leak issue seems to be more common than the steering issue in the 2013 and 2014 models. The 2011 still has the majority of the steering issues. Why they still exist is beyond me. I can only assume that Ford has not found a 100% solution to either one.
The frustrating thing for owners is that although the reps here have done all that they can do, no one 'higher up the chain' has ever commented on what, if anything, has or is being actively done about it. :thumbdwn::(

Peter

Yes would you explain to me what has been done so far or should I give up posting to this site!
There has not been anything done that I can see .
Exactly what do they do and what was accomplished thru their help?, maybe you cane explain it for them!
I would like everyone that has a problem with these cars voice an opinion not just the water leak but anything that you experienced and what was done to rectify it or are you still waiting for a response from the service people on here?
Here's a chance to speak up not just the bad but tell us what good was done also.
Waiting with faded breath to here this response
Peter please explain your results with their help, I'm not talking about them telling you when your car will be delivered but a true solved problem.
FRANK

They are the middle man.. they document our info and pass it on to the CS manager who handles our area. I have had 100% success with getting free rentals with EVERY repair I have had through them.. I have had repairs paid for OUTSIDE of my warranty through them.

Would this have happened without them?? I can say confidently, NO.

Why do I say that.. I feel that we get better treatment (not every person, every time) because Ford knows we post our issues on the website.. so maybe they treat us better then just calling Ford up and asking for a rental or another type of exception.

Regardless.. your issue is with FORD, not the reps that are on here. At least treat them with respect and dignity... You are taking it out on the wrong person.

FRANK

I'm not one to harp on others on here.. however if you want to be taken seriously, for the love of god, learn how to form paragraphs, sentences and use appropriate grammar.

I have a 2011 with 47,900 miles on it as of today. Although I haven't had any of the 2 issues you asked about, I still am concerned about it. My wife who is 5'6" and 115lbs would have a very hard time if the power steering went out. I'm not concerned about the water leak. I'm sure it is an issue in the manufacturing process but so far, 100% dry and being it is 2 1/2 years old, I don't see myself having to deal with that. I have the 6yr/125k ESP through Ford so I'm covered for a while, at least till I have no more payments. However, my concern is the $1,700 repair bill if the Power Steering goes out after the warranty.

That is why I encourage EVERY person who has the PS issue to report it to the NHTSA. Ford has found 3 issues that were causing the initial failures and since that has been found, the PS failure rate has been better but the fact that it is still happening is a concern.

Blowing okie

I caught your attention.
This is what I'm trying to do.
Yes I 'm not perfect.
But I do know what's right and this sir is not right.
Like I said when this problem is solved I will start on another thread,till then sorry .
if you don't like the way i spell, form sentences and paragraphs.
Sorry I'm not politically correct.
oh we'll you get the idea
I have spell check this darn thing is broken I guess!!!!
FRANK

I'm not one to harp on others on here.. however if you want to be taken seriously, for the love of god, learn how to form paragraphs, sentences and use appropriate grammar.

Trouble shooting logic

i'm not one to harp on others on here.. However if you want to be taken seriously, for the love of god, learn how to form paragraphs, sentences and use appropriate grammar.

YES!

Now, about the leak:

I think some basic trouble shooting is in order here. Sequentially tape off potential sources, ie the roof rail attach points, the body seams, the entire rear hatch itself and others as needed. Leave one or more of these candidates unprotected, then apply water liberally. Repeat until the source is found.

... or am I over simplifying the process?

ps: no spell checker used in this post.

I caught your attention.
This is what I'm trying to do.
Yes I 'm not perfect.
But I do know what's right and this sir is not right.
Like I said when this problem is solved I will start on another thread,till then sorry .
if you don't like the way i spell, form sentences and paragraphs.
Sorry I'm not politically correct.
oh we'll you get the idea
I have spell check this darn thing is broken I guess!!!!
FRANK

You have absolutely every right to be angry, upset and pissed off over this. I am not denying that one bit. Infact, I can say that I would be just as upset as you.

My point is..... don't get an attitude and be disrespectful to the members of this forum. People on here are only trying to help. Even with the Ford reps, again, they can only get your info to the CS manager. That is ALL they can do so don't be an ass around here. If that is all their ability is, there is zero reason to take your issues out on them. Take it out on the CS manager who has the ability to escalate and approve repairs.

And it might have sounded rude but my comment is true. If you want to be taken seriously, proof read your posts. There is no need to start a new line with each sentence (called paragraphs). Grammar is not corrected by spell check. IE: "oh we'll you get the idea"... no apostrophe!!

This will be the last time I'll reply to this as clearly anything any one says to you is of no help. Consult an attorney and go forward with your issue. It sounds like that will be the only possible route to get you results.

PS - make no mistake, I admit it is absurd Ford has not done anything to correct this in 3 years

Monday

Thx.
I appreciate your concern!
FRANK

You have absolutely every right to be angry, upset and pissed off over this. I am not denying that one bit. Infact, I can say that I would be just as upset as you.

My point is..... don't get an attitude and be disrespectful to the members of this forum. People on here are only trying to help. Even with the Ford reps, again, they can only get your info to the CS manager. That is ALL they can do so don't be an ass around here. If that is all their ability is, there is zero reason to take your issues out on them. Take it out on the CS manager who has the ability to escalate and approve repairs.

And it might have sounded rude but my comment is true. If you want to be taken seriously, proof read your posts. There is no need to start a new line with each sentence (called paragraphs). Grammar is not corrected by spell check. IE: "oh we'll you get the idea"... no apostrophe!!

This will be the last time I'll reply to this as clearly anything any one says to you is of no help. Consult an attorney and go forward with your issue. It sounds like that will be the only possible route to get you results.

PS - make no mistake, I admit it is absurd Ford has not done anything to correct this in 3 years

YES!
w

Now, about the leak:

I think some basic trouble shooting is in order here. Sequentially tape off potential sources, ie the roof rail attach points, the body seams, the entire rear hatch itself and others as needed. Leave one or more of these candidates unprotected, then apply water liberally. Repeat until the source is found.

... or am I over simplifying the process?
ps: no spell checker used in this post.

Why should someone need to do this

Are there problems with the 2014 models ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are there problems with the 2014 models ?

Most of us didn't have problems with the '11 models. This is extremely rare....

Back