Water pump Bleed port Location? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Water pump Bleed port Location?

walterd140

Reaction score
City, State
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
Got a leak at / near the water pump & I don't know if it is the heater hose or bleed port. Where is the water pump bleed port located as I look down into the front of the motor? 12 o'clock being the top of the pump, 9 o'clock the passanger side of the x.

Any help? Fluid dripping at about the heater hose connection at about 10 o'clock. If I can locate the bleed, then I can figure out what is the issue (hose or pump)

Walter

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rugbum

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT & '93 Sport
I have 2 93' explorers and i have had the pump off on both, i dont believe that they have bleeder valves. Best bet is that its the hose.

<

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
There is a weep hole on the water pumps for the 1st gen X. I had a water pump loose the interal seal and water was coming out of the water pump quite fast from the weep hole.

I can't remember where on the pump it was.. it was years ago.. I have my old motor sitting on the ground by the shed.. I can take a look at it if you really need to know where the weep hole is.

~Mark

<

walterd140

Reaction score
City, State
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
If it's not too much of a bother Mark, I would appericate it.
Thanks
Walter

<

Rattosh51

Reaction score
City, State
St. Paul, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 94 F150
Weep holes are usually at 6 o'clock...

<

ricco750

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, MO USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93XLT4X2 (3:27 LimSlip)
Weep holes are usually at 6 o'clock...

Yep, that's where it is...I'm currently on my 3rd WP, probably about ready for another.:usa:

<

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
Yep, that's where it is...I'm currently on my 3rd WP, probably about ready for another.:usa:

I finally got some non rainy weather to uncover the old motor. The weep hole is not on the top, left or right side.. I can't see underneath since the motor is sitting on a tire on the ground.

~Mark

<

suprcharg97

Reaction score
City, State
westland mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
93, 97
water pump weep hole location

if you have the time, visit the parts store and they will have a replacement pump you can look at.

<