• Register Today It's free!

Water pump bolts.

VagTasTiCalVoyAge

Reaction score
City, State
Kendallville,IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000Ford Explorer5.0V8XLT
Hello everyone so I have a question about the water pump bolts on a 2000 explore 5.0l XLT. I managed to get all the bolts out without snapping any however the two stud bolts that are the hardest to remove the threads are no good to re-use. I ordered the dorman 23744 replacement bolts but none of the 3 bolts that come in the package seem to match up to what I need. If anyone has any insight on if these bolts will work or another alternative I would greatly appreciate it. I have attached photos of the bolts and location for where they go.

20180712_125959.jpg

20180712_131143.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that might end up being a dealer only item, and thats if they still have them

Pretty sure they aren’t available from Ford at this point. A local bolt supplier can match up a stud that will work, but you’ll have to just use a nut in place of the nut that’s a part of the original stud.

I'm just gonna throw this out there but
The first thing that comes to mind is all thread
And a nut the bolts I would go to ace hardware and match em up hell ace may even have studs
Like I said just throwing it out there

Just one comment, for what it's worth: there is no real need for studs. All they do is hold a clip which secures the electrical harness. You can tie it to something else. Or perhaps do what I did: used regular bolts with large washers (called "fender washers"). Drilled a small hole in each washer and ran a piece of wire through the hole to secure the harness.

Back