water pump | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

water pump

smurfxlt

Reaction score
first of all, i wasnt sure where to post this so if its wrong please point me in the right direction...

so anyway, my water pump is not working and i need a new one asap. i was looking around on the internet and found all different brands for all different prices. could somebody make a suggestion as to which one i should buy? keep in mind i dont want to spend alot of money because im borrowing the money from my dad. thanks alot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out www.rockauto.com they only carry quality parts mostly and there is a 5% off discount code in the vendors section on here. All OEM replacement water pumps will pretty much be the same. As long as it seals and moves the coolant then its fine in my opinion.

yea i just dont want it to die on me in a week due to poor quality. for example my friend replaced his fuel pump with a cheap part and it died in a few months. i dont want that to happen and have to do all the work again

yea i just dont want it to die on me in a week due to poor quality. for example my friend replaced his fuel pump with a cheap part and it died in a few months. i dont want that to happen and have to do all the work again

That wont happen if you get it from rockauto and install it properly.

Good luck.

haha well installing it properly could be hit or miss since this is my first time doing something like this

Ive never had trouble installing a water pump and ive only been working on cars for a couple years. If you have basic knowledge of tools then you can handle it. Just make sure to drain the coolant and fill it.

well anyway, i think im gonna go with the eastern industries one. what is the difference between all of them? i mean i dont see how they can charge 91 for one and 34 for another if its the same thing...

I have no idea what the differences are. You can go with the one with the best warranty. The cheaper ones might not come with the gasket.

oh man i didnt even think about warrenties! nice call man. if it doesnt come with the gasket could i get it at a store or is it going to be hard to find?

If it doesnt come with a gasket you should be able to order one from rockauto. It should be on the list right next to the water pump. If you dont wanna do that im sure local parts stores will have one for a couple bucks. Doubt they will have it in stock though, prolly take a few days.

alright sounds good. i ordered the eastern industries one. cant wait for it to get here so i can start working!

alright sounds good. i ordered the eastern industries one. cant wait for it to get here so i can start working!

Exciting isnt it? :)

hell yea it is! i got it today before i went to school (they are fast!) and i was going to start after school but i ended up putting my new tires on instead, so tomorrow after school im gonna start working then ill have my baby on the road again. im pumped, no pun intended

Awesome, let us know how it goes.

i cant find the wrench i need to take the fan off anywhere, somebody help me out please! i have everything i need except that.

Im not sure what wrench your talking about, I know it needs one but I just use an air chisel.

well i work at a body shop and we have all kinds of air tools. would i have this air chisel you speak of? i think i know what your talking about but im not sure...

Yes you should have it. Lefty loosey righty tighty I think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright so i talked to a couple friends and they offered to let me borrow their air chisels but i hear its easy to butcher it so im going to try to get it off with a strap wrench and channel locks. hopefully it will work.

Back