• Register Today It's free!

Water soaked floor

Banjoman47

Reaction score
City, State
Fredericksburg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac Limited
HELP! Regarding my 2008 Sport Trac. While tracing a wire in the cabin, I lifted up the floor mat. The entire underside of the floor mat is soaking wet! Front and rear. The padding is soaked. Has anyone had this happen? Or any suggestions as to where this water is coming from? Also, how in the world will I get this dried out? I can't imagine having to pull all the seats out but I don't know if it's possible to "lift" the floor mat up far enough to get a blower to dry it out. Any thoughts, suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Two possiblities, either your heater core has a leak and needs to be replaced, or your AC condensation drip tube is clogged and the condensation is backing up into the interior.

I would pull back as much as you can and run a fan in there with the windows down so the moisture can escape.

Thanks Rick, a thought; I replaced the 3rd brake light several months ago (Springtime) as the old one was leaking. After a while, the new one appeared to have water in it as well. When I finally removed it, there was NO water in it? I'm sure I screwed up the integrity of the gasket trying to remove it. I wondering if the light can leak enough water to completely saturate the sound proofing under the mat both front AND rear?? I don't think it's the heater core as there is no odor and no loss of coolant. I've also heard some on here talk about the rear window leaking.

I'll check the AC condensation tube. But I do see water on the driveway after coming home and running it.

Any and ALL suggestions and opinions are very much appreciated!

It's hard to imagine that much water getting in past the third brake light, but:dunno:

Thanks Rick, a thought; I replaced the 3rd brake light several months ago (Springtime) as the old one was leaking. After a while, the new one appeared to have water in it as well. When I finally removed it, there was NO water in it? I'm sure I screwed up the integrity of the gasket trying to remove it. I wondering if the light can leak enough water to completely saturate the sound proofing under the mat both front AND rear?? I don't think it's the heater core as there is no odor and no loss of coolant. I've also heard some on here talk about the rear window leaking.

I'll check the AC condensation tube. But I do see water on the driveway after coming home and running it.

Any and ALL suggestions and opinions are very much appreciated!
After the comment of water in driveway - AC condensor but it's dripping out or only a little is dripping out and rest is leaking into truck
I do not know much about this, so it's just a thought/opinion

I agree on condensate line. Been there.. I had my mechanic clean it out, problem solved.

Back