Wax separated? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wax separated?

It's that time, my Explorer is due for a good, deep cleaning. I've actually been kinda late on my waxing, last wax was like last August so I'm trying to get into a better schedule. However, last time I looked at my wax for fun it looked like it had separated, you know like sour cream or something. I opened it up and saw a decent amount of water(?) at the top above the wax stuff. My question is, can I stir it up and have it good as new, or is the wax toast? I don't want to stir it back up and only waste my time waxing with it if it's no good. I'm using KIT car wax, which has carnauba which I heard is kinda a no-no for a DD and against the elements, but will my wax make it? KIT's website: http://www.kitwax.com/html/kitProducts.htm

Thanks for any help or input!

Yeah, shake the bottle. You can always put down a sealant first and a week or so later top with a carnuba. Then every month or so put some more wax down.

Thanks for the replies. I figured I would just mix it up and give it a shot because like I said, it probably just separated and would be fine after a bit of mixing. I just went to look and saw water on top of the wax and went "Uh oh." I'm just glad I didn't get replies saying "Man, your wax is no good anymore." or "Don't you dare put that stuff on your Ex." Thanks for the reassurance.

Back