• Register Today It's free!

ways to lift 3rd gen explorer

04liftedX

Reaction score
City, State
rosepine louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 xlt
i have a 04 ex xls. i have rancho quick lift shocks and bfg all terrains 265/65/16s i wanna know is there anyway to lift it anymore.. i cant find any body lifts..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have a couple options go with the body lift wich is Part number 883, for a 98-00 Ranger. Not giving you any ground clearance but making it capable of throw on more rubber. You can go with a spacer lift which is a 2.25 inch spacer which overall give you a little over 3 inches of lift. You can get spacers fabbed up my brandon from BTF Fabrication. Hope this helps and also you can find the body lift on summitracing.com

i have a 04 ex xls. i have rancho quick lift shocks and bfg all terrains 265/65/16s i wanna know is there anyway to lift it anymore.. i cant find any body lifts..

i dont think i would use the quick lift shocks with coil spacers because that would make the cv shafts sit at a crazy angle imo

read the sticky at the top of the page

thanks yall.. i think i might go with just the body lift and get some bigger tires.. the body lift is like 200 something but how much is it to install??

Free if you do it yourself. Most, if not all people on here who have done it were able to do it in the driveway with a friend or two and some basic tools (socket set, breaker bar, vice grips or pipe wrench). Check out the write up at the top of the modified 2002-2005 forum.

Back