We are still going to build it promise | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

We are still going to build it promise

And the most important questions...when are you taking it out, where, and when can we see it in person?!

Unlike the techinical questions I can actually chime in on this one. I kinda had to pull the plug due to funding. So, that being said it will return to socal in late june/early july. Hopefully its done enough (toys are never done) to take out. I will take it out prior to season just to see what i have for my season since the whole family goes. But if its in working condition I'll probably take a night weekend at mobileland in octollio to shake it down even if its summer. They have a pool so i'm good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

imagejpeg_2m.jpg

imagejpeg_2E.jpg

A.jpg

imagejpeJ.jpg

Update. The merc is finally coming home. Heading to salton city to a buddies house this weekend. Hope the weather holds. Two years in the making. I'll post some pics when we get back. Still need to install some little things but the truck will be functionable.

its on in route,getting excited
imagejpeg_2.jpg

its on in route,getting excited
imagejpeg_2.jpg

Can you post some photos on those rear prerunner fenders? I'm wondering if they would be usable on a daily driver and could be bonded on.

I like those bumpers!!!

I will when it gets here. I have his (the builder) mountaineer down here and have been driving it with rear glass taking the kids to school and running around. His doesn't have the door handles hooked up which sucks, but I see no reason it couldn't be a DD. As far as bonding, I'm sure you could do something, but I'm not the guy to ask.

Had a ok trip. merc was running but needed a few finishing touches. Ran 56 miles the first night and 105 the second. Crawled, dunes and did some high speed. Love the merc but the tow rig broke a piston or rod on the way out so I had to drive the merc home. Made it 30 miles and blew the trans.

Photo180.jpg

Photo179.jpg

Photo178.jpg

Photo177.jpg

Photo176.jpg

Hopes that helps ya powerfiend

So awesome! Any pictures from when you took it out? And did you cage it yet? I see the latch of a harness on the floor next to the driver's seat, and I just want to add that it's not a good idea to run shoulder harnesses without a cage. Can you post some pictures of the rear shocks mounted outboard the frame? Thanks.

So awesome! Any pictures from when you took it out? And did you cage it yet? I see the latch of a harness on the floor next to the driver's seat, and I just want to add that it's not a good idea to run shoulder harnesses without a cage. Can you post some pictures of the rear shocks mounted outboard the frame? Thanks.
Its caged from the b-pillar back. We had alot of pics but the phone was lost that they were taken with. I also blew the motor in my tow truck on the way there and blew the tranny in the merc while trying to drive it home.

Love it so far! I want those bumpers to the T!!!

Ill get some pics up. Been busy with my pull truck blowing a motor and the merc blowing a tranny.

Wow. I just realized that you went outboard on the frame for mounting your shocks. How far away from the frame are those sitting? No contact when the rear axle is all the way up on one side and down on the other at that distance?

I am running wheel adapters to match the bronco front end. Plus Ivan notched the frame. The roll cage also doubles as a rub rail to get the tire off the shocks. Some jeeper took me down a rock trail and I rubbed the tire a tiny bit when I was twisted full droop Rfront and full bump Rrear. But it didn't even tear the plastic wrap off the shock (forgot to pull it off), but it is not even close to the frame. Prolly 5 inches or so.

Cool thanks, I've tried visualizing where the shocks would come through the floor if mounted outboard the frame, but these pictures are great. Are those bypasses? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3.0 king double by-pass

Back