We can only hope!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

We can only hope!!!!

It looks great and would be a very nice if they put it in a explorer. I think the honeycomb grill on the ranger is a welcome addition as well, but $29,000 for a small truck is a bit steep. If they decide to put it in the explorer I also hope they make the SOHC with a 5 speed manual, although I doubt that too :)

Boy I never even said what I was hoping for. :) Opps.... Its the picture part way down the page. There are two sticks coming out of the floor. A manual shift transfercase!!!! Whee... Course its not 3 sticks which would be just THAT much better... :) LOL

2001 Exp

The 2001 Explorer Sport has the honeycomb grill with added styling. The new hood and front end give it a larger apperance and stance. It also 'drives bigger' equiped with the 4.0 SOHC standard. To tell you the truth, I thought $22,000 was steap for a Ranger XLT 4x4. I saw the 2001 Ranger at the Chicago auto show lst fall and it was a bit different and looked better. The actual Ranger I saw was the EDGE, it was nice. I had a '99 Ranger with the 3.0 150HP(4.0 put out 160hp) and it was a dog. The Ranger XLT 4x4 will definitely need that 4.0 SOHC.

By the way, the new Ranger looks much better in person =)

Back