We got our 2013 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

We got our 2013 Explorer

Kstanley11

Reaction score
We received our 2013 Explorer 2 weeks ago. When we were washing the car we noticed lots of hair fibers and debris in the clear coat and the paint was starting to bubble in spots and there were even spots on the passenger back door that you could see metal on and was starting to rust. The collision center at the dealership has told me it was a bad paint job at the factory and it needs to be 100% repainted. My question is do we tell them no we want a new car or we will take the repainted car but want a discounted price on it because it technically isn't a new car anymore or do we ask for a refund and order the 2014 Explorers? Also does any one think it would be best to go through an attorney about this issue? Does any one have an idea of when the 2014 are supposed to start coming out? Thanks in advanced y'all!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would ask for a new vehicle, if they refuse, get a lawyer involved.

Also make yourself familiar with the Lemon Laws in your State so you know your rights before you start with Ford.

In most cases the dealership is a waste of your time, go right to Ford Customer Service.

Thank you for the advise! We are going back to the dealership on tomorrow to tell them we want a new vehicle! We will see how this goes. We have been researching the lemon laws in florida so we are starting to get familiar with those!

Actually the dealership is the right place to start as they were an excellent advocate for me in my two lemon law cases (not with the explorer)...

Be calm, but firm, ask what would YOU do if this were your wife's / girlfriend / childs car?

start with your salesmen, then mgrs, and finally GM before you escalate...

good luck...

now I'm going to go check the wife's car :)

We received our 2013 Explorer 2 weeks ago. When we were washing the car we noticed lots of hair fibers and debris in the clear coat and the paint was starting to bubble in spots and there were even spots on the passenger back door that you could see metal on and was starting to rust...

Hi Kstanley11,

The best next step is getting to your dealership so they can document and inspect your concerns. I'm happy to loop in your regional customer service manager so they can assist; just send me your information (VIN, mileage, dealer, daytime phone number, and full name) and I'll get to work. Please be advised, however, that if you retain the services of an attorney that I'll no longer be able to assist since I do not have any legal training.

...go right to Ford Customer Service.

I'm always happy to do what I can to help, Sgt1411! :)

Crystal

Back