• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

We may be getting a new Ford :D

FourXFred

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
Well Rick, if your worried about saving some insurance money, buy the Mustang, sell the Dodge truck, and use the Golf as your tow vehicle. Im sure it will tow a 6000 pound explorer, right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
LOL, well the insurance wasn't as bad as I thought, It was only about $300 more a year. Not sure why they told me more the first time, but hey I'm not going to complain :D

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It sucks being 19, my Insurance rapes me, i was paying almost 3 grand a year for insurance on my X, and $40 a month on my '70 Mustang, then I changed the mustang to my primary driver and my X is only 300 every 6 months. I was saving up for the 2005 Lightnings but when I heard my insurance would be in the neighborhood of $5,000 a year, I decided i'd spend that to make it faster than a lightning ;)

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Originally posted by ChopinOn22s
It sucks being 19, my Insurance rapes me, i was paying almost 3 grand a year for insurance on my X, and $40 a month on my '70 Mustang, then I changed the mustang to my primary driver and my X is only 300 every 6 months. I was saving up for the 2005 Lightnings but when I heard my insurance would be in the neighborhood of $5,000 a year, I decided i'd spend that to make it faster than a lightning ;)

Unfortunately your insurance won't go down significantly until your atleast 25. The insurance companies still consider any male under the age of 25 a serious risk, henceforth you get a higher rate. Also where you live will also make a difference in your rate.

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
Originally posted by Blee1099
Unfortunately your insurance won't go down significantly until your atleast 25.
Being married also makes a big difference. Come to think of it having a red color car cost more to insure than brown. :rolleyes:

jjue

Elite Explorer<br>sXc Member
Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Nissan Titan CC LE
Yep, my auto insurance would still be about $700+ every 6 months since I'm still 24 years old if I still didn't keep the Mounty on my dad's insurance plan and titled under his name, and my homeowner's policy is with the same company.

As for the Mustang, do it. They like getting flogged.

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Originally posted by Alec
No more driving to Moab on one tank of gas!

Actually.... the last time, the Golf didn't make it to Moab, no matter how many tanks of gas! :D

.... breaking down in yahoo holler and only travelling halfway is not, IMO, a good way to save fuel :rolleyes:

Congrats! :) I'd like to request a ridealong down Main St, if that's okay :bounce: