Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
As many know we have been looking for a new car for Char. We've driven the WRX, 350Z, Mustang GT and Mustang Mach 1.

I have to say the Mustang put the biggest smile on my face by far :D There is nothing like the sound of an American V-8 at full throttle. That baby flat flies.

The difference in handling between the GT and the Mach 1 was quite dramatic. I wouldn't have even considered buying the GT due to it's skittish handling on the road. The Mach 1 felt very responsive and was extremely well planted even while accelerating as hard as possible on less then perfect pavement.

We had a great salesmen. He had no problem with us hammering on this brand new car, I'm just glad I'm not the one buying that one.

Now, to find out what insurance will cost :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lucky *******!:D It probably won't cost much to insure. It all depends on yours & Char's driving record, your age, how many miles are expected to be driven on it, etc.. Try making it a company vehicle, so you can write off the mileage.

Is it available in orange? ;)

d o i t ! :D

Originally posted by RangerX
Is it available in orange? ;)

Competition Orange :D

The Platinum looks really good too.

No more driving to Moab on one tank of gas!

Have you thought about waiting for the 05 Stang?

:drooling:

Damn it! I hate being poor! :( So how much is the Mach 1 compared to the GT?

Originally posted by Alec
No more driving to Moab on one tank of gas!

Hmm, I don't know. It's supposed to get 26MPG on the hwy. That should get us there if we keep it under 150 ;)

Originally posted by NOTAJP
Have you thought about waiting for the 05 Stang?

I don't want the first year of the new car. They usually don't have nearly as many cool packages the first year. Besides, being the last year of the old style and, being the 40th anniversary editon, and only have about 7000 produced per year I think this Mach 1 may actually end up being worth something.

The list price is 29k for the car we are looking at . The GT was right about 25k.

Good point. I do like the Mach 1. Sweet ride.

I know what it is. We like hood scoops :D

Just be sure your sitting down when they give you the insurance quote. Nothing fun is resonably priced.

I believe my GTI costs about 150-200 more per year than a new X would have been, but the Stang will definately be more.

Originally posted by Bill Kemp
Just be sure your sitting down when they give you the insurance quote. Nothing fun is resonably priced.

Yeah, I just heard back from the insurance company. $600 more per year then the Golf. Ouch...

But see, how much of that are you saving in losing the aggrivation of maintaining, repairing, and finding parts for the VW? The Mustang can be worked on by anyone, and the parts are easy to find and reasonably priced compared to the VW...

I'll never own a german car after hearing what owners go through and pay for service, and from my own experience with my wife's VW. I have a customer who just bought a CPO 98 BMW 740iL, supposed to be certified right? Takes it in for the first oil change and has three choices, $80 just a basic change, $150 for a moderate check and $380 for the full workup. They do the $80 change and find $1000 worth of suspension work when they do the check he didnt ask them to do (how nice of them) needs to be done, of course not covered by the certified warranty. Has 57,000 miles on it. Of course he can't shop the job because theres only a handful of shops that would even touch the car let alone have access to reasonably priced shops. What a racket!

I say go for it, $600 a year is what, $50 a month?

Originally posted by Stephen

I say go for it, $600 a year is what, $50 a month?

That's how I see it. We're probably going to make a deal tomorrow night. Damn, that thing is going to be fun. We can actually run it at the dragstrip and turn some decent times (mid 13s) :D Char has always wanted to run a car down the 1/4 mile.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back