We went to moab where were you? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

We went to moab where were you?

last one...

Attachments

• mvc-007s.jpg
    mvc-007s.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 221

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey great pics. I'm glad you went to moab for easter. I couldn't go cause my wife was incapable. Well I'm now building a new truck so next time we meet I may be driving it :) I'll talk to you later.

Looks great

But here on the east coast. It makes it hard to get out there.
And some of the pictures I've been seeing. scares me
I tend to like sand and staying close to sea level. LOL ;)

Sea level? The air up here is good for ya...lol and sand is what the rocks of moab are made of... so come on over. :) If you like I could take you wheeling at 10,000 ft. and you would have to bring your own air...lol

Some of that stuff is pretty scarry!!

In most states getting this high is illegal!!!!

Nothing like the rockies to test your intake and exhaust systems.....sucking for air at 10,000 feet

I cannot wait, thanks for the pics....May and October this year!!! Going to the Flaming Gorge for the 4th of July the day after my best friends wedding, Moab in two weeks and Moab in October with the Explorer group! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes that 9-5 almost worth it.....

Hey 410, There is a rock crawling comp in moab the weekend you are going if you think you want to check out sweet rigs. It will be on the "proving grounds" trail.
Anyway have fun in moab.

thanks for the info dude!

We will be doing moderater trails this time out, since both of us are running fairly new suspension setups and going with just two trucks so major breakage = stuck in Moab.

Sounds like fun, I wish my ranger were done. I am getting anctious to go wheeling again. I have retired my X from the trail so now I have to finish my sas in the ranger. I will be putting it in this weekend hopefuly. I have got all the controll arms built and bracketry in place so now I'm just waiting on the axle to come back from the shop :) I will proly be in moab for the crawling comp on the 24th, so I'll throw a wave from my lifted white sport if I see a big blue bronco II. What trails are you planning on running?

Well let me know if you will be out there for sure!

My front fenders will be white then so you cant miss it....

So far it looks like Top of the World, backwards, gemeni bridges, and who knows what else.....

Have you done the gemini bridges?

Nope the group I went with last time did not do that one. I have wheeled a total of 1.5 days in Moab previously, which I was already a day late due to extended radius arms and I was playing catch up so I didnt pay much attention to what trails I ran!! hahaha

I do know that my truck would not do dumpbump while the others in my group attempted this sucker. I am not sure what trail that is on.

Is Gemeni bridges lame? I head its like a roller coaster but mostly just a gravel road with some obstacles to play on. (takiing the book home this weekend to review)

Originally posted by 410Fortune
So far it looks like Top of the World, backwards, gemeni bridges, and who knows what else.....
moderate trails huh?. . more like "easy" :p . . now whats the fun in that? :D

Lets just say that my Dad did Gemini in our 2002 Ex 2wd.

I understand that. However on the first day (Sat) we will be wheeling with another Jeep (my friends sister) and she has MS so a easy trail is a GOOD IDEA.

Then she will hop in my buddies ZJ and we can do something a little more challenging..... :)

All tips are appriciated!!!

I want to do the golden crack just for the picture :) hahahaha!!!

Well you are better off going on the gemini bridges with a two wheel drive just to make it more interesting. You should run something like hells revenge or poison spider with the mods you have. Those 2 trails are not real hard but offer some of the best wheeling in moab without the fear of dammage. If you are going to run something in that range of difficulty I might just have to tag along in the X for the day. I dont mean to disscourage you from the bridges, it's just a dirt road and not much else.

well here's one of the bridges, so I think it is harder to log on to the net than it is to get to the bridges.

Attachments

• mr30-032.jpg
    mr30-032.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 172

What you should do for an easy run first is "Fins & Things" even a stock jeep can negtiate that trail.

BTW: MS? like multiple sclorosis? or some fancy chat lingo. sas, soa, ...

Yes MS multiple sclorosis, she has a built cherokee and loves to wheel but if she has an "episode" (I believe shes only had 2 in like 10 years, so) we dont want her going off the side of lions back so to speak!!!

Fins n things I have heard is pretty mild as well

Poison spider I would like to run

410 I am going to pm you my cell phone # so call me when you get to moab if you want.

I'm sorry about the MS thing, I wasn't trying to be facetious or anything. I would however like meet up with you if that is ok?

Originally posted by hvac man
Hi every one I just got back from a great weekend in the single greatest off-road place in the world.:)

SVO & I went there about 2yrs ago. It was the best we didn't even want to come back home.

BTW You are right pictures do not do it justice. I can't wait to go back.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back