WeatherTech floormats | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

We made the mistake of opting for the Ford all weather floor mats when we ordered our 2016 Ex LTD in late 2015. But, as soon as we took delivery, we saw that we needed to replace those mats with Weather Tech brand after market mate, like we had gotten in our 08 F150 Screw. They are a must in a region that gets snow in the winter. The Weather Tech prices aren't bad. They're a good value.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter. Looks like I'm buying something on Amazon...just ordered the Eagle Klaw. We'll see how it goes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forgot to update.

Added just two Eagle Klaws and they are holding perfectly. Kind of pricey, but they do the job.

Also, for those who are having trouble cleaning your mats I found a solution.

I tried multi-purpose cleaner, dish soap, magic erasers, and windex.

Last night I used lysol scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner. Sprayed it on. Let sit for a few, then scrubbed off with a brush. Rinsed it off in the shower, let air dry, and it looks brand new.

I'll add that I went with the Husky mats in our 2020 ST. They fit very well and provide a lot of coverage. No issues over the several months that they have been installed.

I took a different route, after seeing the weathertech mats in my wifes SRX, they looked ugly to me, fit was terrible and all sides were turning in. I purchased Smartliner Brand. Sold my 15 XLT and put them in my 17 Platinum.

Until 2020 I would agree on Weather Tech over Ford... But No longer, to me the Ford mats are much better material and a better fit. Weather tech are a stiffer material and start to pull away from the sides and then catch your feet. The Ford mats lay perfectly along carpet and don't move. I'm on my second Explorer now using Ford mats.

The wife's 2016 Fusion Titanium AWD 38,000 miles with weather tech mat On Driver side has a 3/4 inch gap on door side and back side which is terrible.

My 2018 Explorer also had a gap which was disappointing too.

Back