• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Web pages that were saved on my computer only show text without pictures.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
I have numerous web pages that I have saved on my computer, and back up drive that are only showing text, but not pictures. They display an "X" where the picture is supposed to be. The strange part is that some pictures are displayed on some pages, but not all of them. I've also tried to save those same pages again, but get the exact same problem. Those pages didn't work on another computer either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Howard

Moderator Elite Explorer
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Milton Keynes
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 SOHC UK SPEC
The solution is fairly simply. Whilst you are saving the web page code you are not saving the image files that are being referred to and in the same relative path. Very often that path is images\pic.jpg. If these are not pages that you have written this is because of copyright and the way that the page has been written prevents you from saving the pictures.

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
An easy solution would be to "print" the web site as either PDF (if you have the PDF rasterization engine) or to the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer".

The MS Office Image writer can write the web sites as MDI's or TIFs - both format fully supported by WindowsXP and above (I'm not sure if 2k has a viewer for MDI's)

But with these solutions, the entire page and images are captured into one document.

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

chriswells78

Reaction score
City, State
Powell(Columbus), OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
The easy solution is to click edit, click select all, click copy...Then paste what you just copied into a word document. Pics and all will be retained.

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
I've done some searching, and came across an article which has a comparison of several web browsers. The person that wrote that article recommended using Opera. It was able to save text, and pictures just as the article described. So far this has worked for me in the past couple of days. What browser does everybody else use besides IE, Firefox, and Netscape?