Weird air hissing noise on Accelleration, WTH? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weird air hissing noise on Accelleration, WTH?

tojan19

Reaction score
City, State
Smithfield VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 EB
Really weird new problem on my 06 V8. When ever I accelerate I heard a air noise coming from the front right side of the cabin. Sounds like air filling of leaving a tank. I can be going down the road and let off the gas and when I press it I'll hear the noise. It goes away after a few seconds. Varies depending how much I'm pushing the gas. I'm figuring this has to be a vacuum issue although the truck is running fine. Is there some sort of vacuum reservoir over there or something?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the club. I Just traded in the Ex on Saturday so no longer a problem for me. There hasnt been any concrete solutions to this problem via the forums. Good luck!

I have no idea but could it be some valve opening to allow more air in under acceleration?

Join the club. I Just traded in the Ex on Saturday so no longer a problem for me. There hasnt been any concrete solutions to this problem via the forums. Good luck!

Oh crap. Any more info at least?

Back