• Register Today It's free!

Weird audio problem

rescue_31

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Recieved my xlt 201a on monday. Yesterday half way through the day, when i would turn the ignition on i would get a pulse a "boom" sound through the speakers, and when it would start, i would hear a relay click for what im guessing is the drl's and it would pulse again. And twice now, instead of pulsing, when starting the car, the audio system is some how shut off.

Any ideas before i take it in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't even mess with it- just take it in...

Same Issue

What was your result after you brought back to the dealer?

Actually havent gotten time to take it in, but since it has gotten warmer out where im at, the problem went away, it comes back occasionally on startup when its really cold out. ill have it checked during first service, along with my rear hatch that isnt aligned properly

rescue_31 & m2d1g2,

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to check in to see if either of you have had a chance to take in your Explorer. If you are still having the concern, please send me a private message with your VIN, dealer name, and approximate mileage, then I can assist.

Cory

Cory, mine is actually at the dealer now getting the amp replaced and the hatch realigned. When i get it back i will post any results.

Thanks for looking into it.

Back