ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Welcome to Technician Corner. This is a place where you can post (upon approval) any tips, secrets, questions regarding advice on how to do something correctly and quickly, TSBs (Technicial Service Bulletins), Recalls, and of coarse "tricks of the trade". In here will be a lot of service tips, along with frequent TSBs/Recalls that are helpful to our members and their vehicles. This forum is to fill the gap between auto tech and DIYs. Want to learn how to do the job right - you're here. If you have any questions about this forum, please feel free to PM or E-mail me with your question. Your thread that is started in the Tech Corner will be under review constantly and if the moderators of this site think it doesn't belong here - it will be moved (not deleted though).

Getting Approved

This section is setup in a way that if you are going to post in this section, your post will be sent to me and I will either approve the post or not. Just stick to the rules (below), and you should be able to get approved! Please allow atleast 24-hours for your thread to be approved. However, most threads will be approved within 2-hours (depending on time/day). If your thread does not appear after 24-hours, more than likely it did NOT pass my requirements!

REMEMBER: Those of you who want to post a question/suggestion/comment on a thread, go ahead - there's nothing holding you back. You do NOT need to be approved to post a response or question in an already existing thread :thumbsup:

Rules

- If you have a different way of doing something, which you feel is the better way, do NOT disrupt the thread by second-guessing anothers work. This will not only upset the thread starter, but will also critize my approving of the thread.

- Post questions that are appropriate to this section (like, any tips on brake jobs, what's the right way to do a trans flush, etc.). Do not ask questions about tire fitment, speakers, or anything that is covered in another section. Also, I will not accept questions regarding fuse issues, transmission issues, etc. We have other forums for that type of stuff.

- We have a Tools & Garage section (which is the mother of this section), but I will accept any "specialty tools" that are specified for making a job easier/quicker (bearing splitters, pullers, seal removers, etc.)

- If you are adding a informational thread about a particular TSB, please include the TSB number, the date of it, the vehicles that are involved (atleast which Explorers), what the issue is, and what is the fix. Also, if you are a customer who had the TSB recently done, please describe any cost and or description of what happend (what parts were used, time, etc.). Here is an example: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157872

- This section will be heavily moderated by me. When there is a post that gets off subject, or doesn't help the origional thread - I will remove it. Too many threads get off track and never return. It's hard for people who need the information to search through peoples personal things.

- If for any reason you have issues with this section, please contact me via PM or E-mail. I will be glad to help.

- If an automotive technician, please state so in your threadand I will approve it (if it's relavent). If a hobbyist, please have ATLEAST 250 post before starting a thread!

-Drew

As of 3/1/2007, Mountaineergreen will be co-moderating this section with me. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns - please contact us. Welcome to the Corner Evan!! :thumbsup:

-Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back