Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA 95827
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
This forum was created to provide a seperate place for posting questions and sharing information about our Explorer's transmissions... A4LD, 4R55E. 5R55E, 4R70W and whatever as they mature. Questions about the other FORD transmissions (5R55W, S and N and 4R100 and 5R100 - and in time the 6 speeds) are also welcomed.

It also is where posts regarding transfer cases should go. Maybe in time we can have a FAQ section stickied here for assistance on various common issues.

So, welcome to the newest forum area! Oh, I'm your moderator. e are also looking for a co-moderator and/or someone with T-case background!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello Chris, I'm new here, what can you teach me? I'll be asking about the 93 A4LD I'm pulling out of my Limited soon. Night,

New Don? I don't think so! You, like me are older than dirt. Now to this forum area, well it's new and so are we both. Glad to have you on the board. Hope you will continue to chime in with your background and experience to help others, as you have been.

Might we expect a 5R55W reverse rebuild into a 5R55E thread ? (ala A4LD Frankentranny?) <g>

I've been happily busy with my 93/99 work vehicle. Hopefully in the next week or so, I can have the clip welded in, and be doing the body work and paint work. After that it will be very close. I need it for better fuel mileage. My V8 AWD Mountaineer sucks a lot of gas on my route. The older 93 OHV gave me 10mpg on route. I'll be happy if I can get 11mpg with the SOHC and 4.10's. Night,

I would make this a stickey

Good idea. I'm learning. It's now a sticky.... for a while anyway

We might want to suggest to the powers that be to change the 'Under the Hood and Driveline' forum to either the "Under the hood and Axles" forum or generate a separate forum for axle issues. I can see all kinds of confusion resulting from transmissions and transfer cases not being included in the "drivelines" forum...

It's already happening, by the look of it.....

-Joe

As a MOD I may plan my forum a little differently. AS thing become "HOT" I may sticky them.... as things are referred to often.. I may sticky them too. Plan on a page of stickeys, instead of 12 pages of questions. And as things pass unstickey.

Glacier991 said:
As a MOD I may plan my forum a little differently. AS thing become "HOT" I may sticky them.... as things are referred to often.. I may sticky them too. Plan on a page of stickeys, instead of 12 pages of questions. And as things pass unstickey.

:confused Was that a response to me, or just a random thought? I can't tell if you're mad at me for making a suggestion, or if you're thinking with your fingers? :)

-Joe

Noooooo, your post was right on. I was just thinking with my fingers. Not too clearly obviously (as is often the case when I think with appendages other than my brain).

Ok, no prob-lem-o. :)

Wasn't sure if I was being insulted or ignored. :p Wasn't sure if I should flame you back or giggle hysterically.... :)

And for the record, I like the idea. :)

-Joe

Back