• Register Today It's free!

Welding axle tube to diff

ckomai

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer
Anybody weld their axle tubes to the diff? I'm going to have the rear suspension off so I thought this was a good time to do it. I'm going to have a professional do it. The tubes are held on by 3 tabs. My question is is it alot better to remove the tabs and weld in those spots also, or is welding the tubes to the diff good enough?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just weld around where the tube meets the housing.its not necessary for a stock app, but can't hurt.

yeah, just wanted a second opinion so it doesn't eat away at me it if I don't do it. Def. not a stock app, prerunner build so will be taking a bashing back there.

yeah, just wanted a second opinion so it doesn't eat away at me it if I don't do it. Def. not a stock app, prerunner build so will be taking a bashing back there.

Yea just weld where it meets.8.8 is a beast;)

I've never had a problem with mine but the 8.8 in my ranger will be welded...just weld the tubes.

On mine I did three one inch stitch welds. This will practically eliminate any tube warpage while welding.

Back