• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

we'll fix it tomorrow----

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Annnnd, here we are at the windows 7 end of life day.

My new win 10 puter arrives next week. lol

I hate windows 10. Change my mind

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
still have 7 on my laptop which i hardly use. have 10 on my pc. its not so bad

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
I have a few computers. My main one uses Win XP. My other computers use Win 7 & Win 10. My smartphone uses Android. A lot of things don't work with Win XP anymore but I feel comfortable working on the XP platform compared to the newer versions. I guess once you start using Win 10 on a regular basis you'll be comfortable with it. You could always try Linux as an alternative until Windows comes out with Win 11 or whatever they will call it. Did you ever work on a Mac?

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Haven't used MAC much. But I did do 2 win 10 re image installs , after saving important files to another drive. Learned a lot. The 2 old machines seem to have taken it well and run great as far as I can tell. After the reimage I saved a reimage disc on both machines which took a lot of dvds, and about 6 hours.

My new laptop arrived today with SSD. Creating the reimage drive took 45 minutes. Boy does this thing start up quick.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I still miss Windows NT
that was a real windows OS, drag and drop!!!