• Register Today It's free!

Well I decided to go bigger

A .SCOTT

Reaction score
City, State
San Anselmo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT.
that is tires, Iv'e been running 32x11.5-15 for the longest time, after doing numerous searches on fitting 33's I said why not,
I have a feeling I'll be doing some fender cutting, I just wanted to ask what would be a good way of doing this, and if the inside of the fender well gets cut too what did others use too cover the part that was cut out to keep the road crud from building up inside,
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you mean gap guards? They make them out of pond linning

How do the current 32x11.50's fit?? I am picking up a set today for my 99 Ex. I originally was going with 31x10.50's but I scored a hell of a deal on a set of 32" M/T's that I don't want to pass up. I currently have shackles in the rear and a TT in the front. Do you think it will be OK?

Green98XLT said:
How do the current 32x11.50's fit?? I am picking up a set today for my 99 Ex. I originally was going with 31x10.50's but I scored a hell of a deal on a set of 32" M/T's that I don't want to pass up. I currently have shackles in the rear and a TT in the front. Do you think it will be OK?
Mine clear just fine, but when I turn there pretty close to hitting the backside of the fenders.
I'm unsure how yours will be since I noticed you did'nt mention a body lift.
I did the tt up front, 3 inch body lift, and shackles and have the 32's on 15x8 eagles, I did all this back in 2001 and had no problems off road and on.

Andy

A .SCOTT said:
... I just wanted to ask what would be a good way of doing this, and if the inside of the fender well gets cut too what did others use too cover the part that was cut out to keep the road crud from building up inside,
Thanks.

I used a sawzall and just took my time. Then went back over the edge with a gringer and made it look better.
I filled in the hole in my fender with spray foam (taped off the wheelside with Duct tape and sprayed from the door jam). If you leave it open you will get crap that goes all the way threw to the door jam.

Thanks for the replies

I just got my tires today, It cleared no problem, no cutting required. :D
what a difference new tires can do, I had just over 50,000 on my last set of the BFG A/T.

Thanks, Andy

Back