• Register Today It's free!

well I might be at it again...

explorerman3

Reaction score
City, State
gurnee, illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 ford explorer eddie
hey guys, as some of you may remember a few years back i was wondering how long my dana 35 ttb was going to last on my 38.5" boggers. I recently purchased some 5:13 nitro gears after tearing into my front diff last night to replace what i thought was just going to be bearings and install a detroit truetrac lsd. my pinion bearings have been blown for a couple years now and i may have accidentally wheeled with it in that condition a couple of times(oops). Obviously having the bearings shot in the diff completely throws off the backlash tolerance. To add insult to injury, upon removing the diff, mud and water is what came out of the diff for oil.... so i wasnt too surprised when i inspected my ring gear, and i have a broken tooth. I mostly equate this breakage to the above listed conditions i subjected my diff to and not so much related to a weak ring and pinion. I have always regretted buying the 4:88 gears instead of the 5:13s and i always told myself that if i were to do it again, i would swap in for the 5:13 ratio. So i purchased some 5:13s and aslo recently got offered a set of 42x15x15 super swamper tsl's for a good deal.... there is nothing final yet, but i am definitely considering pushing my luck. My understandidng is that the d35 ttb is just about as strong as the d44, and ive seen plenty of guys runnung 40-44" tires on the d44... so maybe ill be ok, for a while. Like i said, there is nothing final yet, i just wanted to see what you all think.

...... please go easy on me:D

I say go for It Man , I Want to run 36's on my D35ttb And Plan to Wheel It pretty hard After Its Daily Driver days are over , And Yes I Remember It , I wanted to buy It Very badly when I was Living in Crystal Lake haha !

I say go for It Man , I Want to run 36's on my D35ttb And Plan to Wheel It pretty hard After Its Daily Driver days are over , And Yes I Remember It , I wanted to buy It Very badly when I was Living in Crystal Lake haha !

you used to live in crystal lake? you used to see me driving around or what? haha

No I seen it on here and Back when we were both Elite you had pics of it all muddy in your driveway , I wanted to buy it from you when I was living there back in 07-08 off and on with my bro who I was working for at the time

Back