Well its been a blast but looks like its time to move on.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well its been a blast but looks like its time to move on..

htrdlncn

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Travis,Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 X-Sport
I have had a blast with my Xsport these past 4 years, put 90,000 miles on it, had fun blowing away little sports cars around the curves up here in the hill country but its come time to move on.. I wanted more power and more towing capacity and adding that to the Xsport just wasnt gonna be cost efficient .. So I just bought a 2008 Saab Aero with the 400hp LS2 and AWD (Trailblazer SS with Saab nose) . WIll be selling the Xsport as soon as I have a chance to clean it up nice.
Thanks to all the great people here who helped with advice and tips to make my ride more fun..
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!
1459200_10202775093241914_299766158_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

low speed torque

When it comes to normal driving pleasure, there's no substitute for low engine speed high torque. Your 6.0-liter LS2 V-8 with 390 horsepower and 395 pound-feet of torque should be more than adequate. I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck with your new vehicle.

should keep both its a nice sport and its paid off

Wish I could but I need the money and around here you have to keep all vehicles insured,registered and inspected..
Have it on craigslist right now,
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4482144243.html
,for $2000 someone will get a heck of a nice driver.

On a different note took the Saab to the track,, only mods are removed exhuast resonator and bigger air pipe from airfilter to intaks otherwise bonestock..
Ran 13.9@98 .. Not bad for a 5200lb AWD brick!
Towed my 6000lb boat from Austin to the gulf/houston and back no problem, averaged 12.5mpg@65mph

sigpic20525_1.gif

Ive always wanted a 9-7x. Hell, I'd settle for the 5.3L one lol.

They are SOOOOO cheap since no one knows what they are,,I paid 11.5 for my 08 ,,you can get gorgeous looking 5.3 ones from way under 10k if you are patient and everything mechanical/electrical is chevy trailblazer so fixing stuff is dirt cheap..

Back