Wellsville, Ohio (Yellow Creek) Clean-up ... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wellsville, Ohio (Yellow Creek) Clean-up ...

Pottsy

Reaction score
City, State
Carrollton, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 4x4 xlt
I have been planning since Oct. 2001 a clean-up Wellsville trail ride with my current off-road club (RRORC.com). Here are some details and all are welcome to help!

Well so far here is the plan:

On May 11th we will meet at the Wal-Mart in Calcutta, Ohio. This Wal-Mart is off of State Route 11 at the Route 170 exit. This is a Super Wal-Mart that has food and all other needs if people have to grab something. The meeting time will be at 9 a.m. We will depart from Wal-Mart at 9:30 a.m. for the trails in Wellsville. The trails are roughly a 10-min. drive from Wal-Mart. So have your member’s meet us there and they should have no problem picking us out.
I plan on spending the most part of the morning cleaning. The Creek bed area from chicken hill down steam is my main focus point. This area is about 3/4 to a mile long, so it may take some time. There are in this area a couple of burned vehicles. I am not sure if we can do anything with these vehicles or not? Maybe with a couple sets of torches we could chunk them up, but not sure??? There is a ton of cans, trash & junk. I would like to make a noticeable difference.
I have even thought about making up some fliers that would state what was done and which clubs where responsible for this clean up. With the fliers made and laminated, I thought they could be stapled to trees every so often? I’m kind of unsure able that part.

Do you have any contact names of the Wellsville area landowners? I would like to throw an e-mail at a couple of them to advise what is being planned!

Thanks,
Pottsy

Back