Went to dealer to fix several tsb's, worried! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Went to dealer to fix several tsb's, worried!

bradleyls103

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
1. Window Motors tsb- Windows are loose and make a shuttering noise when they go down
2. Window Film on inside windows tsb
3. Tin Roof Noise when raining tsb
4. A-Piller Noise from both sides- Tsb
5. Transmission bump after costing at low speeds tsb
6 Bad Torque steer and car goes into other lane when hard acceluation tsb
7. Drivers seat track problem- It does not move all the way forward when seat bottom is lowered all the way towards the rear of the seat

I am worried, and hope they do everything correctly. I will keep you all posted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Window Motors tsb- Windows are loose and make a shuttering noise when they go down
7. Drivers seat track problem- It does not move all the way forward when seat bottom is lowered all the way towards the rear of the seat

I am worried, and hope they do everything correctly. I will keep you all posted.
Wow, did all those issues just start or are you getting close to the end of the factory warranty?

Peter

I got it used with 30,000 it now has 34,000 miles. I noticed all these issues in the 4,000 miles.

Are there YTube vids or anything to describe how tinnny of a tin roof sound?

When it rains it sounds tinny in any car, but how does one tell if its
too tinny?

Are there YTube vids or anything to describe how tinnny of a tin roof sound?

When it rains it sounds tinny in any car, but how does one tell if its
too tinny?
The 2011 is known for having that issue. I haven't bothered with the TSB since it doesn't really bother me that much and in some cases the posts here have mentioned that the TSB had little effect.
Others were not too happy with the repair results saying that a few dealers left a real mess.
The only time I've noticed the noise is when you get a large drop falling off a wire or tree. If you do an 'Advanced Search' on "tin roof" or "rain noise" you will find a few threads on this issue.

Peter

With the window jitter tsb, a lot of times the window regulator needs replacing along with the motor. Check it before you leave, if they still do it, inform them to replace the regulator. Mine were fixed on the 2nd time because they didn't replace that the 1st time. Haven't had an issue since.

In regards to the rain TSB, I would not have them do it. Just live with it as it isn't the same as having the factory do it. Yes it is a little tinny but it has to be in the right conditions to duplicate it and as little as it happens, it isn't worth the chance the dealership makes a mess of the EX.

what are the numbers of the window TSBs?

What is the TSB number for the window lift shudder?

what are the numbers of the window TSBs?
If you check out the 'sticky' on the 2011 - 2012 Ford Explorer TSB's
you will find;
11-10-9 OILY FILM ON INSIDE FRONT DOOR WINDOW GLASS
12-03-02 - FRONT WINDOW GLASS JUMPS/CHATTERS DURING UP/DOWN TRAVEL

Peter

ah well my windows on my 13 Sport make a clunking noise once they get out of the window seal...just wondered if it was the same...

ah well my windows on my 13 Sport make a clunking noise once they get out of the window seal...just wondered if it was the same...

If it's the same issue as the TSB, the window literally wobbles/shakes for the first 3-4 inches from a closed position. You can hear the chatter clear as day. If that is happening, the TSB pertains to you (motor and possibly regulator replacement). If it is just a single clunk, then it is a different issue.

Hi QwikEVO,

Have you brought your Explorer to the dealership so they can check this out? I want to get your regional customer service manager looped in on this as well; send a PM my way with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Crystal

My 2013 Sport has the same problem on both front windows. If this was a TSB back in 2012, why wasn't it addressed when they changed over to 2013's?

My 2013 Sport has the same problem on both front windows. If this was a TSB back in 2012, why wasn't it addressed when they changed over to 2013's?

Because the parts are not a redesign. They are replacing it with just a new one of the same part. Not all tsbs have redesigned parts. The purpose of a tsb is to help a dealer diagnose a problem quicker then troubleshooting them self.

If you complain of an issue, they look at all tabs first, if nothing similar, they start troubleshooting on their own. If there is a similar issue, they follow the tsb.

Back