Went to purchase Sport

SlwSVT

Reaction score
City, State
Belen, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 XLT Eddie Bauer
Hello all,

I placed an order months ago for a new Sport and am still awaiting a sticker. Another local dealer got a black one in similar to what we ordered, but not the same. The wife and I went and looked at it. Sticker price was $47k plus the bs package that the dealer is trying to add to every vehicle. A $1295 package for nitrogen in the tires, special etched glass, lost key replacement. I have my x plan pin and offered to purchase the Sport on the spot for x plan. The dealer did not want to sell it, claiming they were only allotted one. What a load of crap. Even if true, when you honor a x plan purchase, you would be allotted a replacement. They claim it is a special package for the Explorer. No wonder the dealership was completely empty. So sad, that a multiple repeat Ford customer is there ready to spend $45k and they don't want the business.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which dealership did you order from? I ordered mine back in early June from BOB Turners and still dont have a build date, VIN # or ETA.

Which dealership did you order from? I ordered mine back in early June from BOB Turners and still dont have a build date, VIN # or ETA.
Hey Brian. Bob Turners has a black one in right now, but they wont do x plan on it. Rich Ford is getting a white one any day now to. My sticker just showed up today with a build date of yesterday.

Hey Brian. Bob Turners has a black one in right now, but they wont do x plan on it. Rich Ford is getting a white one any day now to. My sticker just showed up today with a build date of yesterday.

This may be a stupid question, but where is the build date on the window sticker. I think I might know, but not 100%. Thanks!

lower right hand corner under barcode and outside of the blue box should be 13 digit number. XYYYYMMDDXXXX where Y is the 4 digit year, M the two digit month and D the two digit day.

lower right hand corner under barcode and outside of the blue box should be 13 digit number. XYYYYMMDDXXXX where Y is the 4 digit year, M the two digit month and D the two digit day.

Thanks!!

Back