• Register Today It's free!

Were can i buy a Roof Rack for EB

93liftedXLT

Reaction score
City, State
left coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
Does anyone know of any companys or website that sell decent roof racks, i am thinkin about buy one for summer camping,

90-94 ford explorer only, or maybe someone has a custom job they can email me some prints, i have a welder, i can weld up to 3/4 inch.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

93liftedXLT said:
that pretty much what i am looking for, thanks man, hey sweet truck :thumbsup:

It was around $200.00 with the mounting adapter and shipping. It doesn't have a floor, so I am using some 1/8" thick aluminum diamond plate cut to fit for a floor.

i have a 93, do u know the correct parts number for the adapter and rack by chance? cuss i am not seein the one i need.

so is that one (Surco Safari) better than the Yakima megwarrior or the Thule basket rack?

93liftedXLT said:
i have a 93, do u know the correct parts number for the adapter and rack by chance? cuss i am not seein the one i need.

Just click on the "Ford" symbol on the link page and it will give you all the information you need.

EXPLORER
THRU 2001
Model # S4560
Size 45” x 60”
CH100

EXPLORER
2002-2004
S5060
50” x 60”

EXPLORER SPORT
THRU 2000
S4550
45” x 50”
CH100

EXPLORER SPORT
2001-2004
S5050
50” x 50”

I don't know which rack is better, I only have experience with the Surco.

i have a roofrack for sale. i made it and its strong. just let me know ill sell it for 100 sense it is used and it fits first generations. it has 4 light mounts

i got mine from stylinconcepts (the 45x50 surco) it was 120 for the rack and 40 for the mounting brackets

mitch said:
i got mine from stylinconcepts (the 45x50 surco) it was 120 for the rack and 40 for the mounting brackets

Yeah, so about $200.00

summit has the thule basket rack for $165.00 - what is everyones opinion on this, is it cheap, or can i actually feel safe putting stuff on it ?????????

Back