• Register Today It's free!

Wet Carpet (possibly AC)

Terry Mason

Reaction score
City, State
Reston, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer
The driver's side carpet in my 1999 explorer gets wet every so often. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with rain, and the floor mats don't get wet at all, only the carpet under them. Could my ac drain line be clogged (I heard of this on a radio show). It would make sense. How would I go about checking this out (where does the hose end up?

Thanks for your time,
Terry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like there's a leak at the heater core. Check that out.

I know in the first gens (mine did this) the heater core is right below the glove compartment and mine leaked all over the carpet. Does it have a smell?

he said driver's side and the heater core is on the passenger side

Sport4x4 said:
he said driver's side and the heater core is on the passenger side

Did he really???? I didn't even notice.

Maybe you should re-read my post.

I havent had any problems with mine, so I don't know if they changed the location of the heater core in the second gens.

The heater core is behind the glove box on the second gen's also, along with the A/C coil. If it's on the driver side I wouldn't even know where to start. Also I've never heard of an A/C drain line. The A/C coolant is in a closed system; nothing enters nothing leaves so as for the drain line :confused:

any holes maybe in the firewall that have no gromets.

Back