Paul Gagnon

Poseur SUV
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta eh?
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Does anyone want to get together for a little fun at the Walker Valley ORV park in Washington state? I am planning to go ther with some friends on Saturday Oct 9. If anyone is interested on joining us let me know. It might be a good idea for stockers to stay home though. Unless you have little or no concern for body damage, because I am sure that we will be doing the hard stuff.

Does anyone in the Vancouver B.C. area want to go play on Sunday Oct 10? Probably somewhere local and easy enough for stockers.

On Tuesday Oct 12 I will be going to Hut Lake near Squamish B.C. again there will be some hard stuff so anyone who is "built" is welcome to come along.

Did I mention I will be on holidays at that time? Dead Link Removed

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in....

Cheers

Dale

Sounds like fun count me in!!!!

I have done the Hut Lake run about 6 times, great run! I did do body damage there but you will be fine if you stay alert, a great trail but it will bite. The run is about a 5-6 rating but if it rains more like 6-7.

If you like I can also show you a trail a little closer called Blue Mountain. Not for stockers but way fun!.

A better run for stockers would be the Harrison - Clear creek run. An all day run with hot tubs at the end.

Let me know I have lots of ideas for local wheeling, and we will make this an open invite to anyone across the border that would like to come up for some northern wheeling

Talk to ya soon

Kevin
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/business/kas

------------------

Hey guys!

I've unfortunately got plans to do the Whipsaw trail during the Thanksgiving long weekend (Sat-Mon). You are all welcome to join my group. I agree it would be great to have a group of Explorers doing a run!

Any other weekends, let me know. I'll probably talk to most of you guys through email or phone anyways?? <grin>

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 (slightly modified)
BC, Canada

Kevin are you up for Walker Valley too?

Dale hurry up and get your body lift in!!

Andrew I will be there for a week so maybe we can hook up another day.

Where are all the Washington state guys? Come and play! Come and play!

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

You know it's funny that you asked because I'm actually supposed to be going to the Sultan ORV park that weekend...Where exactly is the Walker Valley ORV park maybe I can talk my friends into a detour..?
Mat

Mat,

Right next to that one! Dead Link Removed OK on the map they are only this far [---] apart. It is just east of Mount Vernon.
Dead Link Removed

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

[This message has been edited by Paul Gagnon (edited 09-25-1999).]

Sounds like a blast, Count me in.

------------------
91 Sport
Supperrunner 5.5" lift
K&N Filter
Flowmaster cat-back
33x12.5 BFG Mud T/A

WARNING! Walker Valley is not a gravel road. I just want to re-iterate: There are some serious "Nasties" in this area. This is no place for stockers or inexperiance. If you are planning to come out for this be aware that I cannot and will not be held responsible for any damage that occurs to your vehicle.

Here is a message from an e-mail list I am a member of. This guy drives a very modified Toyota pickup.

> From: Wil Girindra

Paul wrote:

> >Cool! Where is a good place to meet? There will be
> a
> >couple of people from the Sea/Tac area coming who
> have
> >never been to Walker Valley.
>

Wil wrote:

> The best place to meet is at the Big Lake Bar and
> Grill,
> it's right by Walker. Tell them to take the Mount
> Vernon exit off of I-5. Head east on the main drag
> through
> town, eventually the road splits with one road going
> to
> Sedro Wooley and the other goes to Walker, 5 or so
> miles
> down the road is where the Big Lake Bar and Grill
> is.
>
Paul wrote:

> >Sheet metal? We don't need no stinkin' sheet metal!
>
> >
> >I don't want dents but if they happen, its all part
> of
> >the game, right? As long as I don't break any glass
> I
> >will be happy!
>

Wil wrote:

> Well breaking glass on a Explorer is definitely not
> out of the question at Walker. I can't stress this
> enough
> to anyone that hasn't been to Walker, if you don't
> want body
> damage don't go to Walker. Lots of really good
> drivers have
> rolled at Walker and I've dented just about every
> body panel
> on my Toyota there, oh and you will smash your
> undercarriage
> lots too.
>
> Just forewarning everyone, other than that you will
> really
> enjoy yourself. :)
>
> Wil

If this scares you don't come. So far there are about 9 or 10 trucks of all makes and models coming out for some serious thrash. I will see you there.

The trail on Sunday the 10th will be suitable for stockers.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

[This message has been edited by Paul Gagnon (edited 10-01-1999).]

Well it now looks like I will be the only Explorer Dead Link Removed out there defending our honour Dead Link Removed at Walker Valley on Saturday. I will feel awfully lonely in a sea of V8 Toyotas and early Broncos etc. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

Paul Gagnon....pls call me re: Walker Valley if you get this...

Cheers

Dale
680-2268pager
269-9629 home

I went up Little White Mountain in Kelowna. There was me in my Explorer, Pat in a CJ7 and Jake in a Samurai. A fairly uneventful trip, except for my front drive shaft rubbing on the Superlift cross member and damaging the u-joints by stressing them laterally. Uneventful, that is until we got to the top. It was only the Samurai and me by this time (Pat in the Jeep had to go to work). The Samurai had some trouble going up to Crawford Lake. Bent one link of the rear suspension and nearly rolled down the mountain. Oh did I mention that Jake's Sami runs 39.5" Boggers, a 400ci small block Chev and Land Cruiser axles with a completely custom coil spring suspension? The next morning we made a few modifications to the Superlift cross member to come up with a setup that will NEVER rub again.

Walker Valley ORV Park was pretty wild! The group was very small. Size 2! After an all night thrash to get my friend Steve's '93 Ranger put back together (finished at 3 am), we headed down to the border where Dale Tiessen hopped in with me as a passenger. The trails were very challenging. If anything were an indication of the trails it would be the entrance to the park. This is a tight off camber down hill with a tree in the way. It only gets worse from there. Total damage: Ranger: tail light/rear quarter panel, right rear shock, slipping clutch. Explorer: twisted front bumper.

Went to Chilliwack on the next day. A very easy trail (old logging road) with a couple of play areas. I went with my Dad and I got him to drive on the way up. I drove down. A very easy trail but the views are well worth the trip.

I did not end up running the Hut Lake trip. I had too many other things that would have been rushed so I cancelled.

I will be doing a full trip report on these trails on my web site in the near future.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

Back