Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11

I kinda wish I stayed - I love the pics of you guys going up the hill. Would've loved to have tried that!

Where's that hill at? I'd take a ride out there tomorrow just to try the hill for fun :D

I bet you could get some good cash for your kid. C'mon, you know you don't love him (her?) anyway.... ;)

I may just open up my "garage" and start doing side jobs. I'm sure there's plenty of Fords I can fix to generate some mod money. (Time to install those balljoints yet? :D)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where's that hill at? I'd take a ride out there tomorrow just to try the hill for fun :D

I was just telling Jay on FB, I'm considering going next weekend. We're supposed to get a ton of snow mid-week, so it'll be crazy back there. If I can convince Josh and Aaron and anyone else who missed this run, we might have a solid group.

Problem is I don't know where the hill is, so we'd need Tom or someone from today to lead us, if they don't mind doing the same trail back to back weeks.

I may just open up my "garage" and start doing side jobs. I'm sure there's plenty of Fords I can fix to generate some mod money. (Time to install those balljoints yet? :D)

Hahaha...don't tempt me. I'll hire the **** out of you to help me put in the superlift kit I want....

I was just telling Jay on FB, I'm considering going next weekend. We're supposed to get a ton of snow mid-week, so it'll be crazy back there. If I can convince Josh and Aaron and anyone else who missed this run, we might have a solid group.

Problem is I don't know where the hill is, so we'd need Tom or someone from today to lead us, if they don't mind doing the same trail back to back weeks.

It'd have to be Sunday for me. I'm mentoring a Robotics team from my old highschool- they compete in a yearly Robotics competition and Saturday is our main "build day" during the season (they only have 6 weeks to design and build the robot for the competition). They have to ship the robot on Feb 22 so we only have a few weeks left.

Hahaha...don't tempt me. I'll hire the **** out of you to help me put in the superlift kit I want....

Lets do it man. Don't know if you know (or remember) but i moved out to Jackson and have a nice 2 car garage now. I have since given up the job at the shop so ALL of my mechanic tools are in my garage.

It'd have to be Sunday for me. I'm mentoring a Robotics team from my old highschool- they compete in a yearly Robotics competition and Saturday is our main "build day" during the season (they only have 6 weeks to design and build the robot for the competition). They have to ship the robot on Feb 22 so we only have a few weeks left.

Super bowl Sunday? You're NUTS. :D

Lets do it man. Don't know if you know (or remember) but i moved out to Jackson and have a nice 2 car garage now. I have since given up the job at the shop so ALL of my mechanic tools are in my garage.

I do remember - that sounds like an awesome setup. Truck needs a lot of work right now (new brake lines, shocks, plugs and wires, front diff drained and re-sealed, etc), but after that's all out of the way, I might have some spare cash for the superlift...I will definitely let you know.

Super bowl Sunday? You're NUTS. :D

I do remember - that sounds like an awesome setup. Truck needs a lot of work right now (new brake lines, shocks, plugs and wires, front diff drained and re-sealed, etc), but after that's all out of the way, I might have some spare cash for the superlift...I will definitely let you know.

So lets go wheeling in the morning and then head to my house for pizza/beer/football :D

And if the game sucks, we can install your brake lines, shocks, plugs and wires, and front diff fluid :salute:

Edit: yes.. i did totally forget that was Superbowl Sunday... nice save though huh?

So lets go wheeling in the morning and then head to my house for pizza/beer/football :D

And if the game sucks, we can install your brake lines, shocks, plugs and wires, and front diff fluid :salute:

Edit: yes.. i did totally forget that was Superbowl Sunday... nice save though huh?

Hahah...I'd take ya up on it, but I'll be at my parents hangin all day and having some friends over for the annual SB party. Maybe the weekend after. Shoot me a PM at some point.

No mountain's in Wharton ? I think u need. To look. At a nj map and find Wharton on it becuse they call that hill a mountain

lol they can call it what they want. There are things named "mountain" that aren't actual mountains. What's its elevation?

102 feet and the state calls it a mountain like I said look it up on a map or the Internet

I looked at a map and couldnt find it. Mind posting up the location? Looks like a fun hill to climb so i may take a ride out tomorrow and take a look since im not far away.

Here's some pictures the photographer in the passenger seat of the 00 V8 took

seriousexplorations029.jpg

seriousexplorations038.jpg

seriousexplorations058.jpg

seriousexplorations085.jpg

seriousexplorations093.jpg

seriousexplorations099.jpg

seriousexplorations107.jpg

seriousexplorations090.jpg

seriousexplorations072.jpg

seriousexplorations049.jpg

im always down to head back out there, im busy next saturday and sunday but the weekend after that im open. and its easy to get back to that mountain, umm hill.and there was no branches that take off roof racks

im always down to head back out there, im busy next saturday and sunday but the weekend after that im open. and its easy to get back to that mountain, umm hill.and there was no branches that take off roof racks

Where abouts is that.. umm.. "mill" located? Might take a ride out there tomorrow with one of my friends.

the hill is called jamima mountain, even thou its pretty steep it is by no means a mountain! we went there during our last trip out and had a blast! i didnt make it up with the open rear and sway bars but i'm dying to take another swing at it!

i am finally starting to feel better and go back to work tomorrow, so with any hope i can get the trans swapped out and get her on the road again! so what date are you guys gonna shoot for? i know Aaron and i prefer sat runs but whats the deal?

Awesome, found the GPS coordinates: N 39.711507 and W -74.618489.

As far as wheeling is concerned, after February im good for either saturdays or sundays... but i have a friend who would come and he works on saturdays.

saturdays are best for me, and jemima mountain is down rt 536 then 2 or so miles into the woods.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright so whens my infamous video gonna go up =p

Back