Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wharton NJ, Easy Trail Ride 1/29/11

its all fun and gamers untill someone slides into a tree....

says the guy who thinks the dents add carachter

X2!:D

Be careful what you wish for ladies......

A foot of snow does a great job of camoflauging 3 feet of qiuck sand;)

i think 17 trucks is really too big of a group but a few prob wolnt show.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think 17 trucks is really too big of a group but a few prob wolnt show.

Agreed. It's unmanageable at that point. We might have to break off into 3 smaller groups if everyone shows.

Agreed. It's unmanageable at that point. We might have to break off into 3 smaller groups if everyone shows.

Word. 4-6 trucks is an ideal group.We could always skip the wheeling and just hit up a diner.

Comms will be important, I'll have my CB.

Josh: What kind of radios did you have? I'll pick up a set so we can get more people on, because those worked great!

i have a cb, but prefer the 2 ways. i have 2 sets, a pair of motorollas, and a pair of compatable midlands for loaners

Are you using FRS or GMRS?

Nevermind... I'm buying a set that rolls both bands.

me and dave have cb's and by then prolley 2 ways

i think i have a set of 2way radios if not ill get some

I have a CB. Remember last time you guys had to radio me that I was leading us all the wrong way? :D Hahahaha

Are you using FRS or GMRS?

Nevermind... I'm buying a set that rolls both bands.

i have no friclkin clue... what do the talkabouts use cus thats what i roll...

I have a CB. Remember last time you guys had to radio me that I was leading us all the wrong way? :D Hahahaha

ooh ooh can i lead :D

I've got my in-the-truck CB but I've also got a big old cobra hand held CB that works real good for anyone who's lacking in the communications department.

They are talkabouts as well iirc. I think we'll just have to wait and see how many show and see what everyone wants to do. The 2 ways are a great way to keep in touch and they work great out there.

Since there has been so much talk lately about wharton being "off limits", i am going to try to get in touch with the rangers and find out what the dealie is! I will also let them know that we are gonna try to clean up what we can and just see what they have to say. What area are we gonna try to focus on? Are we gonna start at the station on 206 like we did before? thoughts everyone???

I've got a set of 4 two-way radios too, I just have no idea how to tell what frequency they work on or how to tune in to other radios with them. I'll charge them up and bring them just in case.

I'm all for meeting up at Atsion Station on 206. Less driving to the meet up for me ;)

im up for meetin wherever, although I will admit wawa is cool as us northerners don't have that luxury up here

Ummm yea that's not a good idea , jemima and 1/4 mile is strictly off limits to vehicles , there's been some serious issues going on , and there two target areas that are being watched
thats from one of my friends on facebook,he knows someone who works for the dep

yeah thats why i want to call them and find out exactly whats goin on and whats off limits. they may give us a green flag if we are cleaning up.....

i say only 8 will actually show to this and at that size we can stay together. and even if it does get a bit higher we dont go 30mph+ through trails like the rangers haha so we should be fine

I was just at Jemima last night, even saw a ranger on the way. He just said to be careful and no stupid messing around. Also asked us if we saw a big orange chevy S-10, we didnt, so we said no.

I don't think there is much they can do, since Jemima and the roads leading to Jemima are legit mapped roads. They can't do anything about it. 1/4 mile tho is a bad idea.

Also, everyone who is going: Make sure you know where your tow points are. Make sure your spare tire is inflated and ready to go. Make sure you have your jack and lug wrench that came with the truck, or a suitable jack/lug wrench. I'm only saying this because **** happens, and if you're prepared then you won't have to take a bite out of ye ole **** sandwhich. I'm bringing a jack/lug wrench and I've got tow straps, comealongs, and D-rings for recovery purposes.

And let's learn from last trip: NO 40mph through the woods. 15mph cruising is the safe, relaxing group speed.

hell im fine with 8 mph idle coast

Nothing like a nice gentle ride through the woods. Last time was just too many trucks too fast. One of the guys from the Ranger Station had a battery cable issue and I stayed behind to help him. I turn around and the whole group vanished. Apparently I'm no good at tracking animals....or trucks for that matter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there was no tracking that group

Back