wharton run on nov 13! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wharton run on nov 13!

I think I am going to skip this, mainly because of the short notice. I will have to keep a better eye on the forum so I can plan things out better next time.

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

See you all there

It was a bunch of fun, even after I toasted my clutch. Oh well, right?

After you got towed away, we went back in and made it to Aunt Jemima, and had a syrupy good time. There were some great hills to climb and I found us a long-lost trail. We made it back to pavement just as the sun set.

Had a great time with the EF cool kids that broke off from the first group. Let's do it again, at 15mph. ;)

once we slowed it down to a reasonable pace... aka got left for dead on a stuck by 75% of the group... we had a really good day (im not gonna point fingers, but some body seriously dropped the ball in not stopin when the last 5 of the group got stuck)

good to see those of you i know, nice meeting the rest of ya...

i made sure i was on my way before i texted that i got stopped... i figured if anyone was waitin on me they might check the thread...

I honestly had a blast. We had an awesome group once the other guys decided to abandon us. Sorry that I toasted my clutch. Gonna rip her apart, replace that dang clutch, fix my 4x4 low and those pesky shock towers.

THEN We'll try this all again.

tryin again asap just ef crew

I honestly had a blast. We had an awesome group once the other guys decided to abandon us. Sorry that I toasted my clutch. .

u dont have to apologize for breakage, things happen, you were way cool about havin to get towed out and towed home, so its all good. sorry i couldnt come up with any better fix other then gettin you out

oh... and WADERS!!!!

tryin again asap just ef crew

Howd your guys day go?

Haha glad that we could contribute something useful! xD The wading boots were one of the first offroad purchases we made. They're great for offroading, fishing, when your basement floods (yeah, it happened). Etc.

Gotta do this again after my clutch is replaced. Maybe a december or january trip? New Year's Wharton Romp! Woot! :p

we had a good time i got stuck but dave got me out we ran into jeep crew heard you saw them too haha

Well guys I too had a blast and deffinetly want to do it again! I however just got home an hour ago after being towed home myself! Ten minutes after jay and us left the diner my right front hub bearing **** the bed! Had to use all of my spare favors to have a buddy come from baltimore MD with his trailer to get my ass! Oh well.....

Glad to hear everyone made it home ok and we will post our pics as soon as I can get our computer back up and running. I vote next trip to be on a sat so we have a day to regroup/repair!

once we slowed it down to a reasonable pace... aka got left for dead on a stuck by 75% of the group... we had a really good day (im not gonna point fingers, but some body seriously dropped the ball in not stopin when the last 5 of the group got stuck)

good to see those of you i know, nice meeting the rest of ya...

i made sure i was on my way before i texted that i got stopped... i figured if anyone was waitin on me they might check the thread...

I got stuck in that same spot in May ill never forget it. It was the fist time back there and took forever to get out, and was deeper than i thought.

There were two spots, the first time we pulled Surreal out, JoshuaJ and I had to link together, and then when I when into the second spot after poking my shovel in and saying "it's not that bad" we also needed two trucks to pull me out.

The mud was fierce!

Surreal: You got some great photos on facebook. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back