• Register Today It's free!

What’s the name of this part

intheric

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer 4WD
Just back from picking up my truck after having the cat tail pipe and muffler changed, and giving it a much needed tune up.

with the cat being clogged up, the guy pointed something he noticed while changing the plugs. There’s this box with 2 wires, and one of them was burnt out. He said it’s to regulate the temp or something. It was hella windy here and started to storm. I got a picture of it. I went to the local parts shop and the guy didn’t know what it was or couldn’t find it.

any guesses?? Thanks!!

Attachments

• A25FC453-9E77-4A6F-93AB-F95A8AA4999A.jpeg
    A25FC453-9E77-4A6F-93AB-F95A8AA4999A.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 354

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks man!!
I bet your CEL is on and an EGR-related code can be retrieved. More importantly, make sure you replace that burned tube with the proper heat-resistant one, not a rubber vacuum tube (it carries hot exhaust gas). And while you are at it, may be a good idea to replace the other one as well.

Damn. The price range of these things Is crazy. I looked at a few places to see if it’s local. Advanced Auto wants 91 bucks for this. Even rock auto wants 61.

guess I gotta make myself an eBay account now.

I bet your CEL is on and an EGR-related code can be retrieved. More importantly, make sure you replace that burned tube with the proper heat-resistant one, not a rubber vacuum tube (it carries hot exhaust gas). And while you are at it, may be a good idea to replace the other one as well.

that was my next question. Which tubes should I look for to replace both of them?

Damn. The price range of these things Is crazy. I looked at a few places to see if it’s local. Advanced Auto wants 91 bucks for this. Even rock auto wants 61.

Buy a 2 year elite membership and I’ll buy it for you.

How do you know for sure just wondering learn me
Looking thorough his feedback, he sells knock offs.

Guess I rescind my precious offer.

I found a few on amazon. 30 bucks average. Not bad. Just checking the reviews now.

Attachments

• 7EB5ADA7-8CF1-4870-BE61-65F93918CA5E.jpeg
    7EB5ADA7-8CF1-4870-BE61-65F93918CA5E.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 333

An ebay account may be a good idea, but be careful when buying this product. The Motorcraft label in the ebay posting photo is apparently not a part of the product, and the fine print in the details says: "Made in China" and "unbranded" (i.e not Motorcraft). This part handles dirty, hot gas, and Ford had a very high failure rate originally, until it was revised.

Autozone has those hoses in stock for cheap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw these but it comes up as not a match for my truck. That really matter??
You can also buy this stuff in bulk just Google dpfe sensor hose

Back